X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipeline Dan
    started a topic branding pot

branding pot

I like to build stuff when things get slow, here's a branding pot I made for a rancher his brands where BAR ANCHOR TEE
    Attached Files

• FabTech
    replied
    This is my regersterd brand with the Department of Food and Agriculture

The little one I used to put my mark on BBQ steaks for partys, gave it a personal touch, I put my mark on just about anything.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wagin
    replied
    Originally posted by G3farms View Post
    Well Fred, usually when the branding is going on it is a great time to make steers out of the little bull calves. Take the calfs nuts and peel the thick layer of hide off of it and throw them on the stove, let them fry just a little and then GULP their gone

Must be a country boy thang HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewto...ght=calf+fries

Looky here if you want the real thing.

G3
    No one has so I gotta say it... If you have a whole cow, calf infront of you, what type of persons first dinning choice is it's nuts???HA HA

Leave a comment:

• CrossJ
    replied
    Originally posted by stugots View Post
    why?? are cattle rustlers and train robbers running a muck again, in 2010 LOL
    Actually yes.....well don't know about the train robberies. But, cattle and horse theft is a big problem.(not so much horse either since the closing of the killer market). A 5 weight animal will bring well over a dollar a pound in todays market. Most western states have strict brand laws, so if my cattle show up at a sale barn wearing my brand, the brand inspecter is going to protect my interests if the seller can't produce a bill of sale etc. If you think branding is barberic, you should see what we do to cattle theives.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    wow... carjacking, really? lmao!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied
    Retro stuff is in. Mabye it's the " new " carjacking?

Leave a comment:

• stugots
    replied
    why?? are cattle rustlers and train robbers running a muck again, in 2010 LOL

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied
    I think it has to be permanent in their line of work. Perhaps a nice tattoo, like a heart that says MOM inside ?

Leave a comment:

• stugots
    replied
    i think its barbaric, cant you just put some nice collars on the cows with a name tag?

Leave a comment:

• wroughtnharv
    replied
    Hmmmm, those branding irons look a lot like those we see all rusted up and going as phoo phoo stuff for wannabeewesterndecor types.

I've always been told to put on a heat sink when making a branding iron. That way it hold its heat and can do more brands between heats.

The pot is neat.

Leave a comment:

• ubnoxus
    replied
    Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
    I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
    Id have to say turn the torch down if your brands are flipping back over, we run 4 torches and never had one flip over on me, no idea how they could

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Those are some good looking irons, I like the way you wrapped the wire on them. Good looking heater also.

As far as irons go, no I dont need any but thanks for the offer. I don't brand, only tattoo the ears. I raise registered charolais myself.

You do any ranching??

G3
    I grew up on farm and did the rodeo thing for close to 10 years as a bareback rider, I fenced in the summer and processed cows for feed lots in the winter time, I met a ranchers daughter and married her, we live just outside calgary so the chances of me getting back into farming/ranching is very slim, it cost close to a million to have, say 10 acres around here, they use alot of electric brands around here as well, and you dont have brandings like they use to. those where fun times for sure! there's alot of red/black angus, herford use to be big but the black/red have taken over, in laws run a bunch of registered red angus
    Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• G3farms
    replied
    Those are some good looking irons, I like the way you wrapped the wire on them. Good looking heater also.

As far as irons go, no I dont need any but thanks for the offer. I don't brand, only tattoo the ears. I raise registered charolais myself.

You do any ranching??

G3

Leave a comment:

• pipeline Dan
    replied
    Well Fred, usually when the branding is going on it is a great time to make steers out of the little bull calves. Take the calfs nuts and peel the thick layer of hide off of it and throw them on the stove, let them fry just a little and then GULP their gone

G3
    very well said looks like a cool forum! I shold toss some of my brands up on there to see what kind of feedback I get!

G3farms do you need a set of brands?? what do you think of the set?

Leave a comment:

• G3farms
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Smith View Post
    hmmmm, what exactly is a "calf fry"?

G3

Leave a comment:

Working...
X