Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

branding pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • branding pot

    I like to build stuff when things get slow, here's a branding pot I made for a rancher his brands where BAR ANCHOR TEE
    Attached Files
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

  • #2
    Thats cool. I made some brands for my dads bee keeping boxes but we just used a torch to heat it. Yours is for more production...Bob
    Bob Wright

    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd love to see a closer pict of the heads of the irons. Look different from the ones I usually see.

      Nice looking heater for them BTW.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
        That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
        Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by g6Racer View Post
          Nice work on the brands. Looks even on the test wood.
          That heater, is it a propane weed burner?
          yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

          DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
          The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-08-2009, 08:17 AM.
          DODGE 1 TON 6.7
          PIPEPRO 304
          TO MANY TOOLS
          JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
          rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
          and easily upset
          go flames go

          Comment


          • #6
            You needed to make a flat spot on the top of the heater for calf fries

            G3
            miller trailblazer 304
            miller bobcat 225g
            miller s-32p
            miller suitcase 12rc
            miller 250x
            lenco panel spotter
            victor o/a
            thermal dynamics cutmaster 50
            96 Ford F-250 7.3 turbo diesel

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G3farms View Post
              You needed to make a flat spot on the top of the heater for calf fries

              G3
              I already did, thats whats on the end on the very top, its just a small little frying pan, I would have made it bigger buy the rancher just wanted a little one?? so I made that one.
              DODGE 1 TON 6.7
              PIPEPRO 304
              TO MANY TOOLS
              JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
              rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
              and easily upset
              go flames go

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks that makes it easier to see. I like the look of them and they certainly look sturdy. I didn't think that the wraps were just those little joint hiders that they use on metal fence pickets and such.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
                  yes it is, we call them tiger torches here in Alberta, not sure why seeing as its to cold in the winter time for tigers

                  DSW I rap the ends like that so the brands dont roll when they are put in the pot. If one part of the brand isnt getting hot then you can flip them over to the other side(if you know what I mean??) it also feels good in your hand it gives some weight to the end of the iron, kind of like good golf clubs, its hard to explain unless you pick them up yourself, if you make a set try it and you will see what I mean,the last reason is because the are very rugged irons, they dont bend very easy, even if and when the iron is hot the heads dont bend making for uneven brands.
                  The picture kind of shows what I am trying to say, I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
                  Dan Dan Dan, I thought a man of your distinction would know why a Tiger torch is called a Tiger Torch! If you look on the end of the torch you will be amazed to know that Tiger is the company and wait for it Made in Airdrie. I found out from my dad he insists that's the only thing Airdrie is famous for. Oh yeah and Lynx Welding of course but that goes without saying!!! It's a balmy -36c thins morn might go plow the driveway for sh**'s and giggles!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wicked one View Post
                    Dan Dan Dan, I thought a man of your distinction would know why a Tiger torch is called a Tiger Torch! If you look on the end of the torch you will be amazed to know that Tiger is the company and wait for it Made in Airdrie. I found out from my dad he insists that's the only thing Airdrie is famous for. Oh yeah and Lynx Welding of course but that goes without saying!!! It's a balmy -36c thins morn might go plow the driveway for sh**'s and giggles!
                    Well kook at that, I never knew that, hmm who'd thunk eh! ya that Lynx welding is the poster "BOY" for welding !! He should have his own reality show, in Airdrie, I heard he welds for Paul Brant all the time. We'll most likely see him in the next Ford truck commercial, Maybe a singing welder reality show is in the works

                    -17 here today its real windy!! so it must be up around -30ish bad day to be a welder
                    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                    PIPEPRO 304
                    TO MANY TOOLS
                    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                    and easily upset
                    go flames go

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm surprised there are three separate irons.

                      I wouldn't think the cattle would be very happy after the first one!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by [I
                        -snip- calf fries

                        hmmmm, what exactly is a "calf fry"?
                        Frank
                        (aka Fred)
                        MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
                        Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
                        Dynasty 300DX
                        Spectrum 625
                        Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
                        Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
                        Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

                        Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fred Smith View Post
                          hmmmm, what exactly is a "calf fry"?
                          Well Fred, usually when the branding is going on it is a great time to make steers out of the little bull calves. Take the calfs nuts and peel the thick layer of hide off of it and throw them on the stove, let them fry just a little and then GULP their gone

                          Must be a country boy thang HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

                          http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewto...ght=calf+fries

                          Looky here if you want the real thing.

                          G3
                          miller trailblazer 304
                          miller bobcat 225g
                          miller s-32p
                          miller suitcase 12rc
                          miller 250x
                          lenco panel spotter
                          victor o/a
                          thermal dynamics cutmaster 50
                          96 Ford F-250 7.3 turbo diesel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by G3farms View Post
                            Well Fred, usually when the branding is going on it is a great time to make steers out of the little bull calves. Take the calfs nuts and peel the thick layer of hide off of it and throw them on the stove, let them fry just a little and then GULP their gone

                            Must be a country boy thang HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

                            http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewto...ght=calf+fries

                            Looky here if you want the real thing.

                            G3
                            very well said looks like a cool forum! I shold toss some of my brands up on there to see what kind of feedback I get!

                            G3farms do you need a set of brands?? what do you think of the set?
                            DODGE 1 TON 6.7
                            PIPEPRO 304
                            TO MANY TOOLS
                            JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
                            rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
                            and easily upset
                            go flames go

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Those are some good looking irons, I like the way you wrapped the wire on them. Good looking heater also.

                              As far as irons go, no I dont need any but thanks for the offer. I don't brand, only tattoo the ears. I raise registered charolais myself.

                              You do any ranching??

                              G3
                              miller trailblazer 304
                              miller bobcat 225g
                              miller s-32p
                              miller suitcase 12rc
                              miller 250x
                              lenco panel spotter
                              victor o/a
                              thermal dynamics cutmaster 50
                              96 Ford F-250 7.3 turbo diesel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X