branding pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G3farms View Post
    Those are some good looking irons, I like the way you wrapped the wire on them. Good looking heater also.

As far as irons go, no I dont need any but thanks for the offer. I don't brand, only tattoo the ears. I raise registered charolais myself.

You do any ranching??

G3
    I grew up on farm and did the rodeo thing for close to 10 years as a bareback rider, I fenced in the summer and processed cows for feed lots in the winter time, I met a ranchers daughter and married her, we live just outside calgary so the chances of me getting back into farming/ranching is very slim, it cost close to a million to have, say 10 acres around here, they use alot of electric brands around here as well, and you dont have brandings like they use to. those where fun times for sure! there's alot of red/black angus, herford use to be big but the black/red have taken over, in laws run a bunch of registered red angus
    Last edited by pipeline Dan; 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM.
    DODGE 1 TON 6.7
    PIPEPRO 304
    TO MANY TOOLS
    JUST WELDING IN CIRCLES
    rig welders are like wheelbarrows hard to push around
    and easily upset
    go flames go

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline Dan View Post
      I can flip the brands over to the other side with out them rolling back
      Id have to say turn the torch down if your brands are flipping back over, we run 4 torches and never had one flip over on me, no idea how they could

Comment

Hmmmm, those branding irons look a lot like those we see all rusted up and going as phoo phoo stuff for wannabeewesterndecor types.

I've always been told to put on a heat sink when making a branding iron. That way it hold its heat and can do more brands between heats.

The pot is neat.
        life is good

Comment

i think its barbaric, cant you just put some nice collars on the cows with a name tag?
          Anything you could do, I could do better.
          I can do anything better than you!
          Lockheed Martin
          Armco Steel, Baltimore
          USW local #3185

Comment

I think it has to be permanent in their line of work. Perhaps a nice tattoo, like a heart that says MOM inside ?
            Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

why?? are cattle rustlers and train robbers running a muck again, in 2010 LOL
              Anything you could do, I could do better.
              I can do anything better than you!
              Lockheed Martin
              Armco Steel, Baltimore
              USW local #3185

Comment

Retro stuff is in. Mabye it's the " new " carjacking?
                Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

wow... carjacking, really? lmao!!!!!
                  welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
                  www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

Originally posted by stugots View Post
                    why?? are cattle rustlers and train robbers running a muck again, in 2010 LOL
                    Actually yes.....well don't know about the train robberies. But, cattle and horse theft is a big problem.(not so much horse either since the closing of the killer market). A 5 weight animal will bring well over a dollar a pound in todays market. Most western states have strict brand laws, so if my cattle show up at a sale barn wearing my brand, the brand inspecter is going to protect my interests if the seller can't produce a bill of sale etc. If you think branding is barberic, you should see what we do to cattle theives.

Comment

Originally posted by G3farms View Post
                      Well Fred, usually when the branding is going on it is a great time to make steers out of the little bull calves. Take the calfs nuts and peel the thick layer of hide off of it and throw them on the stove, let them fry just a little and then GULP their gone

Must be a country boy thang HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewto...ght=calf+fries

Looky here if you want the real thing.

G3
                      No one has so I gotta say it... If you have a whole cow, calf infront of you, what type of persons first dinning choice is it's nuts???HA HA
                      Miller TrailBlazer 251NT
                      Miller HF-250-1
                      Miller Maxstar 150slt
                      Miller ft peddles and thumb wheels
                      Miller MM 212
                      Lincoln power mig180c (two of)
                      MM 252
                      Miller Elite Dig
                      Miller Pro-Hobby

Comment

This is my regersterd brand with the Department of Food and Agriculture

The little one I used to put my mark on BBQ steaks for partys, gave it a personal touch, I put my mark on just about anything.
                        Attached Files
                        Fab Tech

Comment

Working...
                        X