No announcement yet.

Bert's Mig Pic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It folds flat -- box it came in was maybe 5-6" deep.

Comment

but then that would be one MORE thing to tear down and put away!!!
      I could see it as a portable welding area (which is very cool) but I can't leave anything out in the garage. Gotta put everything back in the storeroom at the end of the day...
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Phax, Danny and Dabar,
        I tried it again with 38.5volts and 500 wire speed. The toes came out smoother without the small ripples. Then I was wondering if this is really spray transfer, since I'm using 75/25 mix, and not 100% argon
        Please tell me what you think!!! (tried to be more even on both plates)
        2nd pic is of my daughter at the beach this evening
        Attached Files
        I'm not late...

Comment

Sorry, misses it even on the preview.
          Settings were 28.5 volts, and still moving left to right in small circles...
          I think it looks smoother, but boy what a undercut at the end!!
          I'm not late...

Comment

yea i can see how taking her to the beach could be a real chore.
            at first i was thinking a car full of giggling, blabbing girls could be tuf to handle. but after looking at the pic, i think it would be a nice way to wind down. wish i had a beach near by to go to. i bet my kid's would have a blast at the beach. maybe next year i'll pack them up for a trip to the beach, its only a 6Hr drive. i suppose i could leave at 3AM and let every one sleep on the way. a sun burn on a kid that has to spend the next 6Hrs in a car seat would be murder though, better keep re-applying the the sun blocker.
            nice looking welds, just keeps me wanting that MM212 all the more every time i see one like that.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

Looks like I did it with Jet rod. From this perspective it appears to be a properly executed bead. The only thing I don't like is the crater, but I have yet to figure out a way of consistently eliminating them, even with the JET on an ending like that.
              Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
              Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
              Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
              ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
              1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
              Arcair gouger
              Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

According to Lincoln undercut is a purely cosmetic defect except in the most severe of cases.
                Arcair gouger

Comment

I think that is a great looking weld. It looks neat and real strong. Nice flow.

Comment

Man I didn't think it would ever dawn on me what you were talking about when you kept referring to the cup. I kept thinking TIG, lol.
                    Arcair gouger

Comment

My weld pic???

Jolly Roger and acsuppa:
                      are you guys talking about MY pic? or did Jolly Roger do something I missed?
                      (jet rod)???
                      fun4now, thanks for the comments, I know it must have taken you a long time to download those pics!!! What program do you use to resize yours?
                      thanks,
                      bert
                      I'm not late...

Comment

Hey Bert,

I don't think I've ever seen a beach that empty here. I know it's Windward cuz I see the Kaneohe turtle, but what beach at that?

Comment

Ka'a'awa, right before the elementary school.
                          I'm not late...

Comment

What program do you use to resize yours?
                            thanks,

i use the re-sizer microsoft made for XP but didn't bother to install.
                            if you have win.XP you can go to microsoft.com under power toys you will find the picture re-sizer. its great. just click on it and tell it how big you want it. you can do a hole folder at one time, no limit to the # you can do at the same time. its the only thing i like about XP.
                            i can find you a link to it. lots of guys on here use it. i have been for 2 years i think?? maybe longer just dont remember.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                            JAMES

Comment

Image Resizer
                              http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
                              its about 2/3 down the page. it downloads fast and installs faster. you should like it. one of the best things is it dose not change the original pic, it makes a copy thats the new size with the same file name just (small or med) after it.
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              JAMES

Comment

ok, excellent! thanks, and I'll do it for you now!!!
                                I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
                                X