No announcement yet.

possible blade project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still have not seen it but this one is supposed to be the 6 wheel version. it also has the Kawasaki in it but i don't know what size ??
    it all really comes down to what is there as to what i do with it. i would think for a few 100$ i might be able to find a replacement motor for it?? trust me its driving me nuts wanting to know the statues of it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Kawasakis are great, parts a little pricey especially if you have to get them from John deer. John deer specs out its engine from kawasaki and they build them for them. Its the same engine as others use but has different part numbers. So in my case the trigger switch is the same but no one has a listing for that engine since it was made for John deer. Since then I've tried the trigger from other Kawasakis on the John Deer kawasaki and it worked fine, just different part number. hope its in good shape
      Scott
      HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Kawasakis are great, parts a little pricey especially if you have to get them from John deer. John deer specs out its engine from kawasaki and they build them for them. Its the same engine as others use but has different part numbers.
        thats what i herd, i was thinking maybe a little looking around could find me a replacement thats just Kawasaki and not Kawasakis J.D . maybe a biyue like my wifes quad would work as a substitute.
        i'll have to take a look after i get it if i get it. if i get my hopes up too high i will end up never seeing it much less getting it.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by HMW View Post
          Actually have messed around with both. [Father owns a lawn/garden equipment business 30+yrs] Tried push blades on sevearl models and the small grader blade with wheel weights and blade weights worked the best. Still no comparison to the Bobcat or the 40hp 4x4 Kubota we have but would move a small amount of loose gravel or dirt. THe old John Deeres and cub cadets were the best. they were the heaviest and you would be surprised how much a 12 hp Kolher would pull, that is if you have enough traction. So in short, nothing beats a tractor/grader/dozer, but for someone to mess around with something and all you have is the riding tractor, go for it.
          And all mower decks come off, the old ones actually had quick attach so they would come off easy so you could use other attachments, Something for a kid to have fun with at any rate
          Yeah it`s to have fun with , it was going to be took to the junk yard and it was FREE

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

if ya got a free blade, then for shore put it on. cant hurt, all it is is a little of your time and you find out if its usefull or not right.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

a weighted box blade would actually do fairly well i believe, maybe even a dirt pan on the back just to weight down the back tires and then put a blade on the front. either way about it, you will need to put alot more weight on the drive axle for it to push or pull anything more than a "mower deck". i have seen people take 5 gallon buckets full of concrete or bigger like a 70# grease can full of concrete hang it of the back and push your heart out with a blade. i DO live in arkansas ok, lol
              welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
              www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

i LOVE that lawnmower!!! i've seen your pictures of it before, and what i REALLY think it needs is some chrome 2-into-4's out of each side of the hood, with a couple spark plugs 2" from the ends, and some new chrome rims with some Blackwater2000 4-wheeler tires in back and some Cragar "skinnys" up front!! Why screw up a good thing with a d*mned blade?!?!?!?!?

If you were close enough, I'd bring my 54hp John Deere over and move whatever you wanted with the front-end loader and then we'd get down to some serious Bud-time while designing a 4bbl stack and some kewl chromoly headers!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                Clint Baxley
                Baxley Welding Service
                Rembert, SC 29128

Comment

fun4now,

Nice water cart. How big is that water tank?

My brother is a herbicide/insecticide sprayer. Since he started to do some side jobs, he's been looking for a rig to tow his 20-gal tank around the jobsites either by hand or with a mule.

Comment

jonnymag fun4now,

i'm not shore the tank size i'll have to check tomorrow. if i had to guess i would say 15-20 ??

BWS29128 i LOVE that lawnmower!!! i've seen your pictures of it before, and what i REALLY think it needs is some chrome 2-into-4's out of each side of the hood, with a couple spark plugs 2" from the ends, and some new chrome rims with some Blackwater2000 4-wheeler tires in back and some Cragar "skinnys" up front!! Why screw up a good thing with a d*mned blade?!?!?!?!?

LOL you are not the first to say that. and i have considered side pipes for a wile now, almost added some fake ones just for looks, nice little 4 pack out each side.. i like the extra spark plugs in there though, would look cool at night.
                    thanks for the help
                    ......or..........
                    hope i helped
                    sigpic
                    JAMES

Comment

yeah I thought bout putting side pipes on it anda hood scoop

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

jonnymag fun4now,

its a 30 gal. tank.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                          its a 30 gal. tank.
                          Thanks, I'll show it to my brother and see what he thinks. Hopefully, he can find someone to build him one

Comment

its probably way over built but it was all free steel so i just stuck some stuff together.
                            if he was near me i would help him out, send him over if he is close.
                            now i'm going to work on a kick stand to i can leave it with the hitch up like a boat trailer to just back up to. just have not worked out the way i want to do it yet(been playing stick) but i'll get it there. i need to be able to pull it on and off the mower wile its full so if i need the other wagon on the mower i don't have to lift the water trailer tung and pull it around. lifting is ok as its well balanced but pulling it around is not so easy.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

I think Northern sells them like that, but I woudl probably do like you did and just make it. Especially if you already have the tank.Nice job
                              Scott
                              HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

TSC has them both ways with and without the trailer. about $90 difference between the 2. so i got the one without the trailer and just used my box trailer till i needed another option, then just made one out of scrap.
                                thanks for the help
                                ......or..........
                                hope i helped
                                sigpic
                                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                                X