The nerve of some people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nerve of some people

I get home from the shop today and find that I have received an envelope from Fed-ex addressed to ME from Miller welding. I open it up and the $50.00 gift card for making it into the finals of the welder challenge is inside, I originally thought it would be for the purchase of Miller products but it is a pre-paid Visa debit card, I can use it anywhere for just about anything I may want or need.

I thought up MY project (the firewood caddy), did the work on MY project, entered MY project, and made the finals with MY project, but somehow, somewhere, someway, I'm not sure how it happened but SHE has taken custody of the gift card and has decided WE will buy something for the house with it. I'm not sure when it happened, I'm not sure how it happened, I'm not even sure why it happened, it just did. I do all the work and she gets to enjoy it, the nerve of some people.

Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

You have not been married very long...
    Jim
    sigpicJim Young
    www.JimYo.com
    www.youtube.com/jimyo01

Comment

LMAO!!! That's just not right Dave.....

Congrats on making it to the finals.
      Rich Ferguson
      Sales Technician
      Jackson Welding Supply Co.
      "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
      www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Comment

AND?

All you can do is whine to us?

Good Luck with that

Least you could post us a pic to look at
        TJ______________________________________

Comment

Now I understand!

First things first:

JimYoung, we're not married, I might be dumb but I aint stupid, she's just my girlfriend for the last 3 years.

jwsrep, That's what I thought, that's just not right.

Fat-Fab.com, Yes, all I can do is whine to you guys because whining to her aint working.

Now, with all that said, I think I just figured where I went wrong, I looked at the card again and it says "A gift for you". I guess when I handed it to her to look at, she read "a gift for you " she thought it was just that, a gift for her.

Oh yeah, Fat Fab, I'm not sure if you were asking for a pic of the project or the card so I'll post them both and when she's done buying junk for the house I'll post those pics as well so you can see what I didn't get to buy with MY gift card for MY project. Dave

one more over site, I'm thinking maybe Fat-Fab wanted me to post a pic of her. that's her in pic #3
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dabar39; 08-09-2007, 09:40 PM. Reason: added pic.

Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Yup, the old lady took mine and put it on an air conditioner I had plans for that $50 too I figured it would've been for miller products too. It was nice of the miller folks to do that, thanks
            Dewayne Sullivan
            Dixieland Welding
            Lewisburg, TN

Comment

the gift card is nothing , let it go. save your energy, get ready to fight for the welder if ya win. didn't you just start teaching her to weld. maybe you should have held off on teaching her till after the contest finals.
              good luck on ...........not shore if it should be wining or keeping it if you do.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Gift Card

Hey dabar39 that will teach ya.
                I guess right about now you are having most of your mail go to the shop now eh.
                I think it's wife after 6 months isnt it? I know in canada it is.

Good luck on the next project.

Comment

Darmik, wife after 7 years...common law marriage (Hawaii law at least)
                  Dave, sorry for this: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
                  Hmm....I wonder what OTHER mail she's opened up without you knowing???
                  Can't wait to hear comments from Cat and Welldress!!!
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Thats really funny sounds like your married and you don't know it
                    Scott
                    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

Rather than have you guys argue over a gift card why not just send it to me
                      Nick
                      Miller 252 Mig
                      Miller Cricket XL
                      Millermatic 150 Mig
                      Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                      2-O/A outfits
                      Jet Lathe and Mill
                      Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                      DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                      Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                      20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                      Propane Forge
                      60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                      Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                      and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

monte55

Can't send you the card, there was no arguing about it, she just took it! never considered giving it back, she just took it.

Flat out just took it, Oh and did I mention how she just took it. It's a good thing for her that I kinda still like her anyways. Dave

P.S. Why do you want mine, wife take yours?

Comment

Actually she did
                          Nick
                          Miller 252 Mig
                          Miller Cricket XL
                          Millermatic 150 Mig
                          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                          2-O/A outfits
                          Jet Lathe and Mill
                          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                          Propane Forge
                          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Dave, Dave, Dave

Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
                            I get home from the shop today and find that I have received an envelope from Fed-ex addressed to ME from Miller welding. I open it up and the $50.00 gift card for making it into the finals of the welder challenge is inside, I originally thought it would be for the purchase of Miller products but it is a pre-paid Visa debit card, I can use it anywhere for just about anything I may want or need.

I thought up MY project (the firewood caddy), did the work on MY project, entered MY project, and made the finals with MY project, but somehow, somewhere, someway, I'm not sure how it happened but SHE has taken custody of the gift card and has decided WE will buy something for the house with it. I'm not sure when it happened, I'm not sure how it happened, I'm not even sure why it happened, it just did. I do all the work and she gets to enjoy it, the nerve of some people.

Dave
                            This type of thing happens to me and. I suspect, a lot of your readers all the time. By the way, I'd read the fine print on that gift card if I were you. There are a lot of those gift card programs that have limitations, restrictions, etc. that operate to reduce the face amount of the card.

Congratulations on the firewood caddy.

Comment

Hmm....I wonder what OTHER mail she's opened up without you knowing???
                              she didn't open it, he foolishly showed it to her. he has not been married long enough to know better yet.

HMW
                              Thats really funny sounds like your married and you don't know it

i agree he is married and just doesn't know it. the roles change when you get married.

whats hers is hers and whats your's is hers, didn't you know that ??
                              might just as well forget about that new welder if ya win. 8^((
                              thanks for the help
                              ......or..........
                              hope i helped
                              sigpic
                              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                              JAMES

Comment

Working...
                              X