Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone purchase from Online Metals?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone purchase from Online Metals?

Hello everyone,
    I've been perusing this web site http://www.onlinemetals.com/ and they seem to have a very good selection of materials, plus they have a calculator that allows you to figure out how much a custom cut will cost without having to email for a quote.

I'm not sure how their pricing is but I don't mind paying more if I can get my material pre cut, and I was also wondering how their service is. I would appreciate hearing of your experience with this company.
    Thanks,
    Gene

I use this place online...Bob
    http://www.speedymetals.com/default.aspx

Comment

Speedymetals for me too. I speak with Tom.

Comment

I used them quite a bit when I worked at a shop a few years ago. Their service was excellent and their shipping was reasonable. I haven't tried them in a while, though. And I just checked out that speedymetals link: I can drive there! Woo hoo!

Comment

I've bought from online metals, they've always done good.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have also checked out SpeedyMetals website-good to know that they are reputable also.
            Gene

Comment

I have used online metals many times in the past with good success.

Comment

I pulled up Speedy Metals just to see how much they charge for 1.75 x .065 SS round tubing for a motorcycle exhaust build.

They didn't have it but what surprised me is the 'cutting tolerance' -

48" Plus or Minus 1"

72" Plus or Minus 1-1/2"

Maybe I'm too critical but that seems kinda loose.

Comment

They offer CNC plasma cutting service. I use them for my custom cut 3/16 SS.

Comment

If using Speedy Metals make sure to check out there ebay store it was cheaper to order form thier ebay store then drive there and pick it up in person....

Railmen

Comment

Make sure you specify US materials if you buy from Speedy. I got some Aluminum strip that was from China. They told me they have both types just ask for the domestic material.

Comment

Online Metals

Originally posted by genet View Post
                        Hello everyone,
                        I've been perusing this web site http://www.onlinemetals.com/ and they seem to have a very good selection of materials, plus they have a calculator that allows you to figure out how much a custom cut will cost without having to email for a quote.

I'm not sure how their pricing is but I don't mind paying more if I can get my material pre cut, and I was also wondering how their service is. I would appreciate hearing of your experience with this company.
                        Thanks,
                        Gene

Gene,

I've had very good service from Onlinemetals, they are less price wise, than my two local steel suppliers. For me, even with shipping added, they are still often 35-50% cheaper than the local guys. Being in HI, shipping is the only thing that would be a higher cost than on the mainland

Hank

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.