Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wire basket help needed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire basket help needed

Hello all,
    I am planning a project that will be a custom SS wire basket constructed with 1/8 or smaller wire. Has anyone made something similar and can offer any advice?
    Thanks in advance,
    Gene
    P.S. I have a MM 140 and will most likely use tri-gas.
    Last edited by genet; 02-15-2009, 05:25 AM. Reason: Additional info

What he said. Try mcnichols.com.

Comment

Never made one from SS..... But I have made several from Ti

I would not have fun doing it in SS using a 140A GMAW... not that it can't be done but you will nat have a lot of control and at some point you will pull the trigger for a second too long ans will end up with a pile of metal on the table, and a hole in your basket.

Comment

Reggie: Expanded metal or mesh won't work for this-it is basically a custom
        form for frying food. Parts of it will be constructed out of perforated sheet though.

mikeswelding: I surely will check out mcnichols.com-I can always use a good souce for supplies!

Fatfab: That's what I was afraid of-any suggestions on settings?

Thanks again to everyone,
        Gene
        Last edited by genet; 02-16-2009, 12:42 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Find a net man

Look around the fishing boat docks,ya might find a guy that repairs nets.He would be able to weave one up in no time if you had a ring already attached to a handle and a small spool of the stainless wire .

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.