Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring roller

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring roller

l copyed this ring roller from one a fella on here made,l printed off the pictures and made it from that,the rollers are track pins from a cat dozzer m/c out to take the bearings.

looks good

Did A good job on it looks like it wiil work good for you.

Comment

ring roller

l used it to make the handle.

Comment

Nice work. How did you cut the slots that the rollers sit in?

Comment

Nice project beetlejac. I am just wondering here what the handle is made from? It may be the distortion in the pic, but it almost looks flat on the inside of the ring. Also curious if its solid or tube of some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by tom37 View Post
            Nice project beetlejac. I am just wondering here what the handle is made from? It may be the distortion in the pic, but it almost looks flat on the inside of the ring. Also curious if its solid or tube of some sort?
            While waiting for a reply from the original poster I'll add that the handle appears to be schedule 40 pipe. The flat on the inside perimeter is due to using a flat die on the ring roller. With the pressure needed to form the curvature you would expect deformation in the pipe. To alleviate the flat just use a round sectional die instead.

Comment

ring roller

Hi lads,the slots,first l drilled the hole and l milled the slot out,this was taking ages so the second side l just went down it with a cutting disk.
              The handle is a length of 1"dia conduit,yes its flat on one side because off the roller pressing it but this was in my favour so it was ok,my plan is to get another 3 track pins and m/c a radius and cut a square out on it so l can roll round and 1" box section,thats the plan anyway.
              cheers jack

Comment

Good Job Bettlejac, I made a roller also, its not something I use every day but when you need it you need it.

I just bid a looping crane system where 10 chain hoist just keep going around in an oval so I have to roll the electrical duct bars to follow the oval I beam.

Heres a pic of my roller.
                Attached Files

Comment

HEY! You found my ring roller!

Dang. I wuz wondering where that thing went. I would have never thought to look in Scotland!

Great job. I hope it works out for you.

That's 1/4" x 12" I fed into mine. Yikes.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by chrisgay@sbcglo; 02-13-2009, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.