Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuitCase 8RC or 12RC

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuitCase 8RC or 12RC

Im looking to buy I wanted to get some thoughts on the subject. Needs to be portable but at the same time something that I can use in the shop.
    Thanks...

I say get the 12RC. More wire choices and better price for wire.

Comment

If you go into tight places I recommend the 8, I have a VS and a RC. The wire situation has never really been a issue, but I am very aware that it could.

I have to be able to get into some tough places, with limited space. I have even had to get a smaller person to get some stuff done. My robust size being the problem. A 12 would not have made the cut.

The first time you have the load and ladder you will know what I am talking about. Now with that said if you can live large the 12 would be a logical choice as it really is not much more money, and does expand your choices. I have used a 12 that was used in a shop environment and it was a great machine. Made me buy the RC8...
      Good luck with your choice

Comment

I'll make you a good deal on a used 12vs X-treme. Pm me if interested.

Comment

it comes down to if you need a small case. i like my ex-treme 12

Comment

I have both, I like the 8Rc because its smaller but when I'm on bigger jobs using alot of wire I break out the 12 Rc because bigger spools cost less.

However theres no difference in performance theyre both great.

Comment

Originally posted by Showdog75 View Post
              I'll make you a good deal on a used 12vs X-treme. Pm me if interested.

Pm me with the price if your still selling, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.