Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I can get Corn Burner Plans?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I can get Corn Burner Plans?

I have been thinking about getting a corn burner for my barn and was wondering if I could build one myself instead of buying a comercial model. I was thinking of a unit that would heat the main barn by convection and also have a heat exchanger in it to run into my shop where I could use a radiator and blower to warm it (smaller area).

I would be willing to experiment with designing my own but would at least like to have a basic setup of burner/hopper/auger/etc to start with.

Thoughts?

I put a corn furnace (100,000 BTU) in my house 9 years ago, and it has done a wonderful job. There's no reason a person couldn't build one. But there are several unique features, such as the fire pot design, size and speed of the augers, the combustion air blower, and the timer that takes over the combustion blower and augers when the thermostat is satisfied, that really can't be improved. If I can be of any help, let me know. Jerry

Comment

go to this web site http://forum.iburncorn.com/

Comment

Keep this in mind when you want to build your own stove, unless the stove has a UL listed rating your insurance company would not have to honor your claim.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.