No announcement yet.

air compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow....I just read the first post on here....

to quote Homer Simpson "Perpetual Motion??? In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

Sorry...I just had to. This goes along the same lines as the battery powered battery charger that uses 6 D batteries to charge 2 D batteries. Or my favorite....the car that runs on compressed air.

SO lets see....Drill for crude oil...ship to power station....run giant diesel engine to make electricity....transmit electricity accross country to air compressor....compress air.....charge air tank in car.........hmmm
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Comment

Originally posted by Aerometalworker View Post
      Wow....I just read the first post on here....

to quote Homer Simpson "Perpetual Motion??? In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

Sorry...I just had to. This goes along the same lines as the battery powered battery charger that uses 6 D batteries to charge 2 D batteries. Or my favorite....the car that runs on compressed air.

SO lets see....Drill for crude oil...ship to power station....run giant diesel engine to make electricity....transmit electricity across country to air compressor....compress air.....charge air tank in car.........hmmm
      You left out the fan. ...... Electricity turns the fan which blows on the wind turbine which powers the air compressor (he's Amish).....

Comment

Originally posted by DSW View Post
        You left out the fan. ...... Electricity turns the fan which blows on the wind turbine which powers the air compressor (he's Amish).....
        This just went from weird...to rube goldberg! I still love the electric car. Hmmm....where is that energy going to come from? *sigh* this is what happens when you let politicians out of their cages and actually make rules and decisions.
        "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
        Miller Dynasty 200DX
        Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
        Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
        Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Comment

I actually think the prius and similar cars (here in referred to as fartboxes) cause more pollution than if they were just a regular IC engine with enough power to get out of their own way.

See, if you had a normal car in place of the fartbox, you wouldn't have everyone else who encounters said fartbox mashing their gas pedal to go around the pokey turd. So the ecological benefit of the fartbox itself is more than displaced by the resultant harm it causes others to induce.

The PETA people who advocate vegetarianism and wish to tax cows based on methane produced by said cows have a similar flaw in their logic. The cows fart because they only eat grass. People also fart a disproportionate amount when we only eat vegetation as well (every single vegetarian I have ever met has had a gas issue). So in replacing the meat in our diet, we induce the same end result as the animals we're trying to eliminate. Do we then tax people for farting more? There's a lot more people than cows.

The vegetation is also what's converting our co2 back into carbon and oxygen, so we should eat less vegetables as they're offsetting the co2 we're all busy exhaling. If you care so much about your carbon footprint, please do us all a favor and stop breathing.

Save a tree, burn a treehugger.
          Syncrowave 250DX
          Invison 354MP
          XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
          Smith O/A rig
          And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Originally posted by Mastertig View Post
            Metalmeltr, in the meantime I wouldn't be quitting the day job just yet.
            i am 13 so no job yet I just had severa days off school with nothing to do when I thought of this
            This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk

Comment

is this the same kid whos parents wouldnt let him have a welder and said he drank beer?
              Last edited by migwelder05; 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM.
              Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
              Crappy stick welder
              Victor supper range II
              Makita grinder
              more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

NOPE i have ony had one sip of beer ever and if I wanted a welder all dad would say is you have to buy it and be safe

Comment

Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
                  i am 13 so no job yet I just had severa days off school with nothing to do when I thought of this
                  Don't worry- you'll get a job some day and instead of a Perpetual Energy Machine you'll be working on a Perpetual Tax Deduction Machine- but that don't work either 'cause you'll just get taxed on the machine as a company asset.

Go ride yer bike and chase girls.
                  Ed Conley
                  http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                  MM252
                  MM211
                  Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                  TA185
                  Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                  O/A set
                  SO 2020 Bender
                  You can call me Bacchus

Comment

oh come on broccoLi ride a bike? I agree with the girl thing, heres a tip chicks dig welders
                    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
                    Crappy stick welder
                    Victor supper range II
                    Makita grinder
                    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

This is the law of dimenishing returns. Eventually you will continually dimenish to zero. Kinda like Vegas and a slot machine, they average 93% return.

No free power, unfortunately.
                      Paul

Comment

i am definatly a weldor

i got to reading about perpetual motion saw something about laws of thermodynamics and imediatly thoght of thermaldynamics plasma cutters

Comment

Yo, kid, before you go further with this, how about reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

When I was your age I had a bunch of the same ideas, then I discovered what perpetual motion is all about. So, go read up on this subject and then get back and let us know what you've learned. I'm about 5 decades older than you and every day I'm learning something new - so, get on board to what life's all about and use this as a learning opportunity.

It's your turn - show us your stuff - and impress us with what you learn about perpetual motion and tell us why your air compressor idea will not work.

By the way: you'll impress us even more if you start spelling words correctly (and, with a spell checker there is no excuse not to spell correctly).

I'm looking forward to your next post.
                          MTBob
                          Logan Lathe
                          Clausing Mill
                          Walker Turner Drill Press

Comment

Keep up the thinking

I can see you going far in life ,maybe not on your perpetual motion machine but maybe on somthing with a very very low carbon .print. Some people have been doing it for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
                              I have an Idea to make an air compressor that i doubt any one has thought of before, an air powered air compresor. THe basic idea is to replace the motor with an impact wrench and have the wrench drawing air from the compressor a the same time the pump is suplying air to the tank. The compressor would have to be compressed the first time though anaxilary source, but if the tank doesnt leak it can alwase produce all of the power i needs. the impact would be tunrned on and off by means of a ball valve
                              there so is a lot if inifomation about every thing here. but you forgot to mention that a inpact gun doen't work like an electrice motor. it needs more resitance and would not run a compressor.
                              TB 325
                              TB 302
                              dynasty 200sd
                              spoolmatic 30a/wc24
                              suitcase x-treme 12vs
                              miller 211
                              evolution rage 2

Comment

when it came to designing this i was just looking at impacts in a northern tool book and saw the specs and thought that runnng an air compressor off it would increase performance after a few of you posted I read up on perpetual motion and discovered i would have to make it vibration free so it produces no sound energy, prevent the transfer and production of heat, and have it all sealed in a vacuum to prevent friction with the air which also mean that it would be even harder to do with a car or lawnmower.

MTbob-I did read the wikepidia link,

Comment

Working...
                                X