Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

More bumpers from the Boise City Ag Shop

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bumpers from the Boise City Ag Shop

We seem to build bumpers. Attached are a few pictures of a couple recently completed.

Troy Mayfield
    Ag Teacher
    Boise City, Oklahoma

I think the picture links take you to a web album, so you can see more pictures of projects and FFA activities at Boise City.
    Last edited by countrydirt; 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM.

Oops, gotta fight with pictures for a bit. They will be posted soon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Troy.May...eat=directlink
    Last edited by countrydirt; 02-02-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Like the bumpers...

I like the bumpers. They look pretty good. Not to be a buzz kill, but where are the respirators and goggles when you are painting? tisk tisk.

Comment

looks good, looks like my welding class half the time, but they usually don't have the detail work yours do, nice job

~Aaron Engstfeld
        Engstfeld Welding

Comment

Originally posted by Bigiron View Post
          I like the bumpers. They look pretty good. Not to be a buzz kill, but where are the respirators and goggles when you are painting? tisk tisk.
          Very good point. This is the first painting we have done that was not from a rattle can. We will painting a couple of projects today, so, out will come the masks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro_Pirate View Post
            looks good, looks like my welding class half the time, but they usually don't have the detail work yours do, nice job

~Aaron Engstfeld
            Engstfeld Welding
            Detail work comes from making mistakes and learning from them and getting more and more sophisticated in design and execution. Still, big beefy bumpers for the testosterone laced teenager. Can I hear a grunt?

Comment

Nice, stuff. here is a pic of the one I built.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post
                Wow Paul - that looks pretty beefy. We are looking at this in class. My boys want to know what you are going to hit with it? And is it completed?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post

Can we say road kill for dinner? LOL!! That's overkill dude.

Comment

Yes it is complete, I did show the before picture. It now has a serious bow in the lower edge. I killed a 2007 Honda Accord, $18000 damage to it a zero to the truck but a bend in the bumper,,,acceptable I think!

The facing surfaces are made of 6061-1/4" aluminum checker plate and the substructure and mounts are made of 6061-1/2" aluminum plate. It is mounted with 3/4" bolts. It weighs in at about 150 lbs. When I first built it it was finished with a fine grain brass wire brush which gave a nice flat finish and showed off the welding of course.

Thanks for the compliments, and your shop students are doing very well.

Peace,
                    Paul

Comment

Nice looking bumpers guys!

Comment

Thanks so much for looking at my students' work.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.