Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Crusher Plans needed Please

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Crusher Plans needed Please

My students in my advanced metals class have a small project to do, and each wants to build a can crusher. I cannot for the life of me find suitable plans online. Thought I would stop in here and see if anyone has built one and has plans for one before I would draw some up.

send me an email at derrick.hintz@byron.k12.mn.us if you think you can help me out.

thanks

D

perhaps this?

http://www.millerwelds.com/interests...ect/966744174/

I built one two years ago that works similar to a roller mill, two wheels turning in on each other. I based my a design off of a post in Hobart's site, that I cannot find anymore. If you'd like I can snap a few pictures of it so you get the general idea how i made it.
    Last edited by Ezryk; 02-03-2009, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I saw that and while it's awesome, I'm looking for a small assembly project to follow plans, cut, and assemble...something done in a week or so.

Looking for the hand crank mechanical variety...can't seem to find anything great for plans...

Thanks again...that's an awesome project

Comment

heres a pic of one
        Attached Files

Comment

That is another heavy duty rig!!

Comment

Do like 90% of us do make your own plans. Take an idea from here a notion from there add a helping of new thinking and boom you got it all...

Comment

Originally posted by FATFAB View Post
              Do like 90% of us do make your own plans. Take an idea from here a notion from there add a helping of new thinking and boom you got it all...

Precisely my plan, however all I have ever seen is the plastic ones...wanted to see something someone has done....then modify to our use

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.