Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck sliders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck sliders

Just started makeing sliders for my Bronco.With snow and axle problems,
    I have time to finish these.With lockers in both axles snow driving does not happen.They are 3/16 2x2 They will be mounted 3/4 inch from the bottom of the rockers.

Please help an old fart: What are they for? And I know you are not talking about rocker arms, the things that open the valves, but...?

Comment

spotsintheyes-it not just you also love the name, I got theses ****ed vitreous floaters in my eye. the brain is suppose to block them out after awhile but my brains broken so I see them clear as day.

http://www.agingeye.net/visionbasics...ndfloaters.php

Comment

Sliders are nothing but beefed up running boards with more purpose than stepping into the vehicle, they are used for rock crawling situations so when the lower body hits a rock the "sliders" hit the rock and slide across the rock to keep from damaging sheetmetal.

They can also be used for a hi-lift jack point in certain situations also.

Comment

Archer175 is right
          Last edited by Moose; 02-02-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Running boards. Thanks. Now that I get it, I see that your Bronco needs something in that area. I like your design.
            Migwelder05, thanks for the link. Yeah, I have floaters, but I only notice them looking at a blue sky. I can understand why somebody who is only a little more mentally impared than me might think they are the ghosts of moths or something. My screen name was meant to imply that I keep forgetting to put my hood down.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.