Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time frame

monte, mine was entered in the 1-5 hour category. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

dabar39
      looks great good luck.
      i would make one if i knoew anyone with a fire place. i thought about making some to sell but the time in and matereals it would be hard to get the $$ back you would need to make it werth doing.
      great job on your's.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

I borrowed the step from the guy I made it for to get some better pics. He's actually been using it and scratched it up and messed up the dodge emblem I might repolish it and fix the ram before i give it back to him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1167.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	491480

Name:	DSCN1169.JPG
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	491481

Name:	FSCN1166.JPG
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	491482

Name:	DSCN1170.JPG
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	491483
        Dewayne Sullivan
        Dixieland Welding
        Lewisburg, TN

Comment

littlefuzz, personally I'd redo it for him since he let you borrow it again. Up to you
          Dave, 1-5 hour catagory...Bert, I would have taken the 10-12 hour catagory for the same thing
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

1-5 hrs.

Bert, this project took between 4-4 1/2 hrs start to finish. I entered this project because of the time factor and that the weekend hobby builder can easily make this same item with out any fancy or specialized tools and the ease of gathering materials.
            The whole project was done with scrap materials, the square tube for the frame was some legs for an old metal desk, the flat bar was just some left over drop material, same with the expanded metal on the base. The removable handle was from an old sign bracket that was on my building when I moved in, and the little u-shaped pieces on the front of it were old u-bolts from trailer axles. The dolly was primed and painted using rust-oleum enamel. I did buy the casters for it at about 2 bucks each at Lowes. This whole project can be made for about 30 dollars out of pocket expense. Dave
            Last edited by dabar39; 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling
            If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
            Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Creativity

Well, at least you have the "creativity" and know-how to do something with THAT much scrap and make into something VERY cool looking and useable!
              I don't like it when people say "oh common, it's common sense", common sense is different to many people. Like you mentioned before, some things are easy for some people, some aren't but THEY have other talents!!!
              My talent is stealing yours and others ideas (thanks to Cat's and others artwork ) Well, good going...and hope you win your MM212!!!
              bert

If it ain't Blue...it ain't welding....
              I'm not late...

Comment

The ss step only took a couple of hours, the polishing and cutting that ram took longer than the step itself. By the time it was done it was pushing 5hrs
                Dewayne Sullivan
                Dixieland Welding
                Lewisburg, TN

Comment

littlefuzz,
                  so ya gonna repolish it for him again? If you do, maybe you can get a 12-pack from him
                  again, nice work
                  I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
                  X