No announcement yet.

Pardon my manors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am planing on changing to a diferent pump. so i still need that i guess. its just not a big priority as it works fine as an air cooled torch for every thing so far. i just use it for play and to lern to TIG so its not a big problem if the torch gets hot although i have not had a problem so far.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

which torch do you have?
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

its a healie arc brand torch with a 25' cord 3 pice. rated to 350amp's. it use's the same insides as a #17 but i cant remember its #. i atached a few pic's of it.
        Attached Files
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Thats an Esab/L-tec/Linde HW18 350 amp H2O cooled torch.

As far as a pump goes. You may want to consider a rotary vane type pump such as the Procon Series 1 pump over a gear pump such as the Orberdorfer type pumps.

Over the years the Procon pumps have been the go to pump for Bernard water coolers such as the 3500SS. Over the years we have sold hundreds and hundreds of these coolers and the pumps hold up extremely well. They aren't cheap, but maybe you can get a rebuilt pump reasonably from a local plumbing supplier. We sell rebuilt pumps for about $95, but you have to have a trade-in.
          Rich Ferguson
          Sales Technician
          Jackson Welding Supply Co.
          "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
          www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Comment

i was all set up to use a nice big 1HP pump and decided i would rather go with something smaller. it dose not see that much work now and i don't for see much in the high enough to really need water cooled so its not a big rush. i got a flow meeter from a miller cooler so i will know if the pump i go with stops as well as i will be adding a fusible link so the torch wont be at risk.
            if i ever get to the point i need water cooled for daily use, then i will be making some $$ with my shop for a change so a real cooler is likely to be a justifiable expense.
            keeping in mind i only have a 185 amp welder a cooler is really not needed just kinda nice for larger projects.
            that and right now i'm still playing with Stick so i wont get back to TIG for a wile i suspect. i'm going to try to spend 1/2 a day out in the shop this weekend prepping some steel so i can burn up the 2nd 1/2 of my box of 6013 rod's so i can move on to try another type. after i am confident with stick i will likely go back to TIG to work on my appearance a little more.

thanks for the info on the torch and the pump though.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

thanks for the info guys
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Working...
              X