Vehicle Anti Theft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Airbags and other controls in them makes that a bad idea in modern cars.
    True, it's obviously a better solution in an older car/truck
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Comment

Well, one of my father's favorite tricks was to get an old Model A magneto, wire up a set of toggle switches, and then wire the magneto to the battery and car body. One switch on the dash made sure the "alarm" was turned off, while another was hidden in the fenderwell - you had to have BOTH switches on for it to work. Flip the one on the dash, get out, flip the one under the wheelwell, and walk away. First person to grab that doorhandle - WHAM!! He came back a few times to find someone knocked flat on his back from the electrical charge ... usually with wet pants. Can't really do that on today's plastic cars, but the cars from the '40's through '70's .... oh yeah ....

Comment

^^ ive always wanted to do an electrified handle. and other than saturn's there arent that many plastic car out there. but on todays cars i think it would be better to have a feature like this on a plastic door so the shock doesnt fry the ecm.

on my project car i shaved the out side handles as well as the inside handles so the only way the doors open is with the remote or from the hidden buttons inside the cabin. combined with a paging alarm with glass break sensor and an AEM stand alone engine management system that lets me turn off the injectors when i leave it parked and requires my laptop which is unlocked by my fingerprint to turn them back on. this does however make it a long process to just get in the car and go in a hurry! (not a daily driver) i plan to make this a little easier by adding a keypad in the center console like in all the transporter movies and put it in line with the ignition signal

but i think this is my favorite, i remember seeing this on the news a few years back, there was a company actually installing these things, awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzM...eature=related

Comment

you could alwase make something that hooks your brake peddle up.

Comment

I like the ones that hook your steering wheel and brake pedal together because then they can't get in to mess with it so they have to have the door open.

My buddies and I are trying to come up with one that locks the doors and fill your car with water but we have hit a few snags in the planning process.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

I dont think the flaming car would get by with the lawyers in the US. Dyed mace perhaps?
              Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
              Miller 180 w/Autoset
              Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

[QUOTE=Cargoon;199655]
                My buddies and I are trying to come up with one that locks the doors and fill your car with water but we have hit a few snags in the planning process.
                QUOTE]

Why ruin a perfectly good car, fill it with CO (Carbon Monoxide) Odorless, colorless, tasteless. They will get a headache, sleepy, and .........oh yea, HERE'S THE GOOD PART....They never wake up!
                Miller Syncrowave 200
                Homemade Water Cooler
                130XP MIG
                Spectrum 375
                60 year old Logan Lathe
                Select Machine and Tool Mill
                More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

I've made a few fuel pump cutoff devices. Auto-engages when engine stops. Car will start off residual fuel pressure but then die if you don't press the super secret button.

Comment

get an alarm with gps and on line locater. If the car moves it shows you where and alerts you via e-mail. You can then track it's location on line. Take your.45 and your Iphone and retrieve it yourself. That's my system. It has it's own battery and is secured in a 1/4" plate housing in the trunk that's hidden and locked. Screw Lo-Jack, you have to hope the police feel like doing something about your car. I live to close to Mexico for that. Besides you can call the cops to pick up the A$$h0les who took it later.
                    DYNASTY 200SD
                    COOLMATE 1
                    MM140AS
                    SPOOLMATE 100
                    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
                    SPECTRUM 125C

Comment

http://img111.imageshack.us/i/a300.jpg/
                      http://img41.imageshack.us/i/photo0103s.jpg/

Comment

What I did after someone tried to hijact my 2003 F350 Lariat is remove the locking mechanism from my door and installed a blank (no lock) faceplate to both sides. I can still open it automaticly. I had installed a full alarm system with a pager, but they (had to be 2 of them) popped the hood imediately and disconnected my siren. Naturally my pager was downstairs and I didn't hear it go off though my starter inhibitor kicked in.

What I did for my Chev truck is use a 14 pin amphenol. Loaded all 14 pin slots with long dummy wires and tye wrapped them here and there through factory harnessing and actually only using 4 of them to disconnect my starter and fuel pump.

On the other side I used a male removeable 14 pin plug and made jumpers to complete the circuits. A potential thief really doesn't want to spend the time searching for the wiring.

However many thieves now use Tow trucks, not too difficult to boom out to your vehicle, lift it and move it to a place that they can secure it in private.
                        Last edited by cruizer; 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

just let max here sleep inside your car, and just feed him in the morning, if someone gets in, you don't need to feed him that morning!
                          Attached Files

Comment

All he needs is a big kiss and he'll point to the good stuff. Cute dog.
                            Nick
                            Miller 252 Mig
                            Miller Cricket XL
                            Millermatic 150 Mig
                            Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                            2-O/A outfits
                            Jet Lathe and Mill
                            Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                            DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                            Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                            20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                            Propane Forge
                            60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                            Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                            and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

maybe, but it takes some big marbles to kiss him! actually, he is a great dog. He's been trained to let you in, but won't let you leave. he won't actually bite you, just hold you down. at almost 170lbs, he's pretty good at it! Bullmastifs make great family dogs, real couch spuds, but the intimidating looks keep most people at bay.
                              There's some really good antitheft systems out there now for marine use, could probably be used for vehicles, but a bit pricey. They alert you (and cops) by cellphone, can track the vehicle by gps (you can watch it move on your computer) and you can even talk to the theives on your phone via transmiters placed in the boat. ah, i love technology!

Comment

Years ago the family at the end of the street had a Mastif which was the buddy of the man of the family. The man died and I don't think the dog was getting attention. He started hanging out at my house, sleeping under my bushes by my front door. As the temps got colder, we brought him in and we had Pekes. He was so sweet. He would lay beside my chair and put his head under my arm to make me pet him. Great dog. He was old. One the day the family was moving away, they stopped if front of my house and called the dog. He barked as if to protect our turf. They drove off. He stayed. His name
                                was Riley. We called him "Ole Rile". He died after a while but he knew we loved him. Typing this brings back the pain. The Pekes are gone too. Now we have Chows to love. I never forget my dogs and the pleasure they have brought to my life. More than most people I know. Their love is unconditional.
                                I have to go and kiss my Chows now.
                                Nick
                                Miller 252 Mig
                                Miller Cricket XL
                                Millermatic 150 Mig
                                Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                                2-O/A outfits
                                Jet Lathe and Mill
                                Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                                DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                                Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                                20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                                Propane Forge
                                60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                                Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                                and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X