No announcement yet.

How do I find this Union?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find this Union?

I was driving through Chicago a couple weeks ago in the midle of the night and I saw all kinds of x-ray trucks at the hotels. I didn't really know there was much work there, but there sure were allot of trucks. I was dozing off (actually I was driving for an unknown amount of time with my chin on my chest) so I decided to pull off and get a coke. It was the middle of the night and I didn't even know what state I was in but I saw a rig truck getting fuel. I pulled over and was shooting the bull with him and he said he was running a 42" line to Centraila IL for the local union. I asked what union, and he told me...I remember it started with a 5, but I was so tired I don't remember the rest. I asked him what town it was in and he told me ( I don't remember) and then I asked him what state we were currently in ( I didn't really know ). I think this wierded him out cause he didn't want to exchange cards and left in a hurry. Hey, I was tired.

Anyway, how do I find this union? I know it's a local in the Chicago'ish, central Illinois area and it starts with a 5. Anybody have any ideas? I'll leave Colorado tomorow if they've got some work, but I need a number first. Help me out fellas...please.

oh, btw, pictures of the new rig truck comming soon!

probaly either 597 pipefitters out of chicago, but more than likely 798 pipeliners out of tulsa. hope that helps.

It was not the 798. When he said he was in the union that's what I thought too, but he said no, it was the 5........ out of ............. I've tried google'ing it, but I get nothing usefull.

Well here's a 597. May not be what your looking for but it seems like a match.

union job

jack you should ask your union to help you they would have the work situation noted i know mine does and my monthly book also does.

I looked at the link you gave me for the 597....I don't know, maybe that's it. I got a few numbers off the site and I'll give them a try. Thanks for the link.

I'm not in a union currently so...yeah, can't do that IW.

Anyone else have any ideas?

CALL Union 597

hi, call them. they are in need of certified welders for some big jobs. they have a welding program going that from what i heard is that if you can pass the certification test you can get in the union. not sure of all the details but try the call. may help.

Chicago Pipefitters 597

45 N. Ogden Ave
                Chicago, Il 60607
                ph 312-829-4191
                fax 312-829-0137
                Business Agent: Jim Buchanan

Good Luck

"Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Thanks fellas. I called today, but nobody home. I'll try again on monday. You say they've got some work? Thats what I'm looking for. Any more help would be great. Thanks again fellas.