Views: 1
Size:  67.4 KB
    Name:  21809e50ed8e5a64de39ab5e2350827f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  82.3 KB
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

What equipment and settings did you use?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

is the base plate galvy coated ??
      looks good.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
        What equipment and settings did you use?
        I was using the MM251 and I can't remember the specific settings probably around 26v and 600ws
        Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        is the base plate galvy coated ??
        looks good.
        Naw, the plate was previously painted so I had to grind all that off. Thanks.
        Dewayne Sullivan
        Dixieland Welding
        Lewisburg, TN

Comment

To me it looks like what a lot of people want their tig to look like..............
          Did you start and stop to get that look? What I mean is, is each weld single and the next just overlap?
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Propane Forge

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
            To me it looks like what a lot of people want their tig to look like..............
            Did you start and stop to get that look? What I mean is, is each weld single and the next just overlap?
            No, it's a continuous weld. You're talking about layered tacks and that's fine for some thin sheet but not for this 3/4" plate. This is how I weld at work on most stuff because I can always tell what I've done compared to everyone else cause no one else at our shop can run a bead like that, just as good as a signature
            Dewayne Sullivan
            Dixieland Welding
            Lewisburg, TN

Comment

seems most good true welders can recognize there own work. like you said it becomes similer to a signiture. once you work out how you like to time your movements and dip's or feed in MIG's case you tend to repeat the same as it becomes your routeen. i suspect thats realy the only way to get a good consistant bead time after time.
              looks great, wish i could get mine so nice.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

I don't see how to do that in a steady weld............but it really looks great!
                But, is the weld as good as it looks? I'm in HVAC and have been since 1971. I can't tell which joints I have done but I can sure tell you the ones I haven't.
                Nick
                Miller 252 Mig
                Miller Cricket XL
                Millermatic 150 Mig
                2-O/A outfits
                Jet Lathe and Mill
                Propane Forge

Comment

I think it looks nice but I generally won't let people who work for me get away with a bead done that way. Just spaced a little to far out for my taste and sorta doubt it would get you hired on any critical welding job. I'm sure it's a good hot weld and all that just way to much variance in the width and certainly not taught in any school that way that I remember. Too much distance between your jumps. I bet you actually use less filler. Tighten it up to about half that much and maybe it would look a little more believable.
                  Personally I would need to see some destructive test results before I would put my signature (or reputation) on it.
                  And if I am wrong.... then sorry. .... just definetly not how I was taught.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                  Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                  MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                  Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                  Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                  Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                  Miller WC-115-A
                  Miller Spectrum 300
                  Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                  Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Sorry guys but I've got to agree with FusionKing on this one, close them jumps up a little. Dave
                    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Everyone has their opinions. In the 10 years I've been welding I've never had anything break, and I've welded some big sh!t.
                      Dewayne Sullivan
                      Dixieland Welding
                      Lewisburg, TN

Comment

Littlefuzz,

I thought I remembered you from another site, then once I saw the closeups of your welds I knew I had. I saw the pictures of a custom rear bumper you put on a customers pickup a red Ford if I remember correctly. I believe you explained your weld as being done in a circular motion. It definately shows consistency and control on your part, it's just not my thing - I was trained differently. My GTAW and GMAW deposits are much tighter than that. My concern with your weld deposits being spaced so far apart it that you are in effect having stop/starts tied together in a chain. No offense intended to how you weld.

Later,
                        Later,
                        Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

no offense meant

Like the other guys I was just taught a different way than that of yours, everyone has there own way of doing things. Is your way any better or worse than ours, I can't say one way or the other for sure. Dave
                          If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                          Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
                            Littlefuzz,

I thought I remembered you from another site, then once I saw the closeups of your welds I knew I had. I saw the pictures of a custom rear bumper you put on a customers pickup a red Ford if I remember correctly. I believe you explained your weld as being done in a circular motion. It definately shows consistency and control on your part, it's just not my thing - I was trained differently. My GTAW and GMAW deposits are much tighter than that. My concern with your weld deposits being spaced so far apart it that you are in effect having stop/starts tied together in a chain. No offense intended to how you weld.

Later,
                            Yup that's me. Oh, that bumper has had a hay spear mounted into the receiver and hauled a bunch of those 5 x 6 round bales without budging.
                            Dewayne Sullivan
                            Dixieland Welding
                            Lewisburg, TN

Comment

Here's the link to what Black Wolf is talking about if anyone is interested
                              http://www.weldingweb.com/showthread...l+bumper+hitch
                              Dewayne Sullivan
                              Dixieland Welding
                              Lewisburg, TN

Comment

Working...
                              X