No announcement yet.

Nothing better to post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to tell with the SP100 welds due to all the flux in on them still but some don't look so good. the other ones are looking like they all have craters in the center. thats causing a week spot that could cause a crack to start.
    i'm no expert but i would not call them good solid welds. any concaved bead profile is not good. you need the bead to add to the strength.
    looks more like a hot stitch weld than a continuous weld done with circles.
    but its your stuff so you get to make the call i guess.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      hard to tell with the SP100 welds due to all the flux in on them still but some don't look so good. the other ones are looking like they all have craters in the center. thats causing a week spot that could cause a crack to start.
      i'm no expert but i would not call them good solid welds. any concaved bead profile is not good. you need the bead to add to the strength.
      looks more like a hot stitch weld than a continuous weld done with circles.
      but its your stuff so you get to make the call i guess.
      I was just screwing around with the 110, just trying to see if i could get the same look. I agree with you about the 110 welds cause I think some slag was getting in the welds trying to do it like that.
      Dewayne Sullivan
      Dixieland Welding
      Lewisburg, TN

Comment

Whip it good

Although I generally prefer to just run a straight stringer or weave bead, I will sometimes lay a "stack of dimes" just for fun. The best way I could describe the motion is to whip it like a 6010 with a slight circular motion. The trick is to watch how the puddle moves and cools. I find watching your weld from behind is far easier as long as you can still see where you are going.
        Dynasty 200DX, first generation
        Makita 5" grinder
        Makita 14" abrasive saw
        IR SS5L compressor
        Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
        and a wish list a mile long

Comment

Looks cool, they are very straight and nice width, but I too have never done it that way. I'm going to try it
          Scott
          HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

shorerider16
            your bike kinda looks like mine.
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
            summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
            JAMES

Comment

littlefuzz,
              thanks a lot for the pics! Can't wait to try mines out....
              re: dingleberry's, I would knock it off with a chisel before I sent a pic of it
              your consistency and your straight line is incredible !!!
              I'm not late...
              I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                littlefuzz,
                thanks a lot for the pics! Can't wait to try mines out....
                re: dingleberry's, I would knock it off with a chisel before I sent a pic of it
                your consistency and your straight line is incredible !!!
                Oh well, everyone gets dingleberries every now and then.
                Dewayne Sullivan
                Dixieland Welding
                Lewisburg, TN

Comment

yeah...dingleberry's are a part of a weldor's life
                  hmm...think that's what my wife called me at one time
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Working...
                  X