Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing better to post

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the one. I don't spend much time on that site, I'm too busy over here when I'm not working or travelling with the race cars. Thanks for the refresher Dewayne.

Later,
    Jason

Comment

littlefuzz, ditto what fusionking and dabar said. But, one of my bosses has a long arc legnth when he does 7018 that I didn't think was as strong, snuck one of his pieces out and did a bend test, was still flawless. Personally, teachers and bosses still prefer my mig welds be tighter together. BUT, DARN
      YOUR CONSISTENCY AND YOUR LINE IS SO DA&N STRAIGHT!!!

Comment

I'll try to think to get some pics of some tighter beads. They aren't always spaced that far apart but still basically the same "stack of dimes" appearence.

Comment

I'll try to use my MM251 and do some beads also
          Tell you now though, my line won't be as straight

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            I'll try to use my MM251 and do some beads also
            Tell you now though, my line won't be as straight
            that's what I was using.

Comment

Originally posted by dabar39 View Post
              Like the other guys I was just taught a different way than that of yours, everyone has there own way of doing things. Is your way any better or worse than ours, I can't say one way or the other for sure. Dave
              yeah what daber said my cousin tauhgt me to run my beads tighter than that

Comment

littlefuzz,
                ...and you made those beads with a circular motion?
                bert

Comment

littlefuzz,
                  ...and you made those beads with a circular motion?
                  bert
                  yup, going from right to left clockwise or left to right counter clockwise or overhead.... Uh, whichever way you can get to it

Comment

I usually go from right to left, pushing motion. My circulars provide me the best look. When I drag, bead gets a little high. What motion or movement did you use for your pic?

Comment

i generaly do circles also. gives me a nice wide, low bead that way. it dose depend on the aplication but most of the time i do circles.

Comment

James,
                        yeah, when I drag it, tends to be too high...when I do circles, tends to penetrate better, looks better and keeps it flatter. Nice to see we're on the same page

Comment

turning up the heat will flatten it out a bit and get ya more penetration if you just run strait. but it dose look nicer with circles and depending on the situation some times i want a wide bead. there are times a fast strait bead is the best option but most of the time i do circles. i like the look.

Comment

littlefuzz, sorry...

sorry, I misses your "yup", then the rest of it made more sense
                            thanks a lot!! Can't wait to try some this weekend and show you my pics of it!

Comment

sorry, I misses your "yup", then the rest of it made more sense
                              thanks a lot!! Can't wait to try some this weekend and show you my pics of it!
                              Bring em on. here's some more pics, some folks like em some don't. oh well, I like em.
                              Name:  9051bd72e74f81915cdf65db5153c8d7.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  790337f7c7ee05bfa1e73355d283e69d.jpg
Size:  86.4 KB
                              wound up with a little dingleberry on this one, oh well it happens sometimes

Comment

here's some with my little sp100 lincoln 110 machine with fluxcore wire

Name:  0c6ee4b62b8cdaf50887827a30dc0a86.jpg
Size:  79.9 KB

Name:  d505457161bbc792e51df65b942d424e.jpg
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  9b677bc4a21157a82212c959bffaddde.jpg
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  c34390730579bfba0f12deb8dc4851a1.jpg
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  91b29f0184b909e315c6b41cc987e420.jpg
Size:  92.4 KB

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.