Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

I just got a MM180 and i'm making a cart for it, all i have left to do is small finishing toushes and i was wondering if i can weld on the cart with the cylinder mounted to it without doing any harm?

I'll post some pix when i get it painted

Thanx for any help....Stephen

You should be careful of the regulator and hoses, other than that weld away. The only way you will damage or rupture the bottle is if you were foolish enough to try welding on it. Dave

By the way, welcome to the site.

Comment

I would personally take the cylinder off the cart. Arc starts on cylinders can compromise the integrity of the cylinder and cause it to fail on it's next hydro test. Play it safe and take the cylinder off the cart.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.