Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new tig welding cart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My new tig welding cart

    I finally got time to build a welding cart for my tig welder. It was alot of fun to build and really enjoy being to move the welder, coolmate3, and gas bottle all at once and really easy. I built the rear section so it is really easy to load and unload that K bottle because we all now there really heavy. I also routed the power so i have 220 for the tig and then 110 for the coolmate and extra outlet on the side while using one extension cord so that will be nice not having cords every where. Anyways here are some pics. Still have to put the plug on and have it powdercoated.





    _______________________
    Dynasty 200dx
    CoolMate 3
    Millermatic 180

  • #2
    Last 2





    I am going to build a cart for the mig welder next. I have already started just need more time in the day but don't we all

    Josh
    _______________________
    Dynasty 200dx
    CoolMate 3
    Millermatic 180

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice cart.

      Well thought out.

      Only thing I'd suggest is adding a shoe for storing the pedal prior to having it power coated. Constantly putting it on the top of the Coolmate will scratch the cooler. By shoe, I mean a slot on the side to hold the pedal.

      Yea, those bottles do get a little heavy. Miller even thought about that with the new bottle rack on the Sync Tigrunner setups.
      Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
      Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
      Hobart HH187
      Dialarc 250 AC/DC
      Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
      Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
      PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
      Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
      Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
      More grinders than hands

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice Cart

        Looks really nice to me.
        I'll bet that when the turbo kicks in & the front end comes off the ground that the bottom of the bottle rack will drag, (third pic) ((tongue firmly embedded in cheek))

        Jerry in Anchorage

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice job

          Your cart looks very nice, a lot ogf thought went into it.

          Comment


          • #6
            great job how did you get the pics to come out
            like that

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks guys for the complements! Yeah originally i was going to make a spot to hold the foot pedal but couldn't design anything that i liked so i decided to leave it on the coolmate until i come up with something i like. What i was going to do was put that soft rubber non-slip pads that are normally found in tool boxes on top of the coolmate so it doesn't scratch anything. I got the pics to show up by using photobucket.com. You upload your pics to photobucket and it gives you the html image code that you just copy and paste in your thread. That way you don't have to click a link to see a pic. Just always resize the pics to about 650pixels wide and around 100kb for the total size of the pics.

              On a second note i need your guys help. After i build the cart and started hooking up all the hoses and what not when i noticed that on the tig lead where it screws into the dynasty and goes to the coolmate I am short about 18". Does anyone know where i can get a small extenstion piece? Here is a pic of the hose to help.


              Josh
              _______________________
              Dynasty 200dx
              CoolMate 3
              Millermatic 180

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BC Iron works View Post
                great job how did you get the pics to come out
                like that
                Easy, By his name I am sure he frequent some car forums, where ([img][/img]) tags are frequently used... just host the picture on a site, like photobucket, and insert the url between the tags....
                Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

                Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

                2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
                2000 Camaro SS (Race car)
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  "Extension Tube"

                  Originally posted by abadsvt View Post
                  Thanks guys for the complements! Yeah originally i was going to make a spot to hold the foot pedal but couldn't design anything that i liked so i decided to leave it on the coolmate until i come up with something i like. What i was going to do was put that soft rubber non-slip pads that are normally found in tool boxes on top of the coolmate so it doesn't scratch anything. I got the pics to show up by using photobucket.com. You upload your pics to photobucket and it gives you the html image code that you just copy and paste in your thread. That way you don't have to click a link to see a pic. Just always resize the pics to about 650pixels wide and around 100kb for the total size of the pics.

                  On a second note i need your guys help. After i build the cart and started hooking up all the hoses and what not when i noticed that on the tig lead where it screws into the dynasty and goes to the coolmate I am short about 18". Does anyone know where i can get a small extenstion piece? Here is a pic of the hose to help.


                  Josh
                  Josh: That is a VERY nice cart! Try www.Arc-Zone.com

                  I bought some brass fittings to lengthen my argon hose (attach two together). They may have something, or could steer you in the right direction. again, COOL CART!

                  Dave
                  "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Josh,

                    Either Arc-Zone or IOC should have the hose you need.

                    My LWS makes them up as needed. They are left hand threads if you notice. My guy made me up about a 4' section which I use for draining the cooler on my coolmate.
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nice cart! I need to do that myself but mine is a syncrowave and I need to put the watercooler underneath. It's on my to do list!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great job on the cart. Well thought out. I like your tank support being low profile. it's no fun lifting the heavy argon bottles, good handle configuration.
                        Wheat Stalker

                        Millermatic 210
                        Dynasty 200DX
                        Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
                        Trek 5500
                        1966 Amphicar

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks everyone for the kind words. It gives me motivation to build the mig cart. Regarding the hose will this work? Here is the link http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1674 . I would have to get a coupler to join the tow hoses together. I wonder if they have it with that 90deg angle so i can replace that entire hose. Thanks

                          Josh
                          _______________________
                          Dynasty 200dx
                          CoolMate 3
                          Millermatic 180

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Email me the length you need and I'll see if I have an extra. I'll send it to ya N/C. Dave turbo38t@gmail.com
                            Originally posted by abadsvt View Post
                            Thanks everyone for the kind words. It gives me motivation to build the mig cart. Regarding the hose will this work? Here is the link http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1674 . I would have to get a coupler to join the tow hoses together. I wonder if they have it with that 90deg angle so i can replace that entire hose. Thanks

                            Josh

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
                              Email me the length you need and I'll see if I have an extra. I'll send it to ya N/C. Dave turbo38t@gmail.com
                              Hey dave just sent you an email. This is the exact reason why i love these forums. People who have never met willing to give advice or in this case willing to help me out. It is awesome!!

                              Josh
                              _______________________
                              Dynasty 200dx
                              CoolMate 3
                              Millermatic 180

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X