Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy came in today looking for a job,

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha. maybe you can be his apprentice?jk.haha

Comment

awww....shadup!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, my welds aren't THAT bad!!! Hey, it's this weekend, gonna hook up my Dynasty for stick and show you my beads!!!
      If it's as bad as this guys, I'll sell it and go to Air Traffic Control school

Comment

Yeh thats the biggest mistake you've made was tellin me your job placement. Alot of my family does have private pilot licenses and I mean alot maybe that why my grandpa stop goin to his welding class no it was actually because the instructor was a big joke but anyways

Comment

Originally posted by phaxtris View Post
          probably worked as a jig monkey in a mig only shop, i know a few like that, couldnt burn a rod, or run tig to save there life
          Yes that is possible but if that was the case i wonder why he didn't say so or that he had never used a stick welder but had other experience in the trade? It is all a big pile of unanswered questions for us

Comment

was he prepared?

Hey dabar39 Did he come to your shop prepared for a weld and fitting test?or did he just show up with a lid and gloves?Did he look you in the eye and talk to you?Or did he just look around the shop and at the ground or at something?When he shook your hand was it weak or strong?

Darmik
            If you call shorts, tank top and flip-flops prepared, I guess he was.

Comment

That was un freaking believable. Scary is another way to describe it.

Comment

I think this guy has maybe been out in his garage for 20 minutes with his new stick welder and then decided to talk to you.

Comment

YIKES !! Slag pockets anyone..?

Comment

I just got rid of a guy with 30+ years welding experience, it was mig and almost as bad

Comment

littlefuzz, welcome.
                      flip flops and shorts........maybe he was looking for workmans comp. cirtenly not a job.
                      so your looking for help and didnt ask me first. i'm hurt you wouldnt think of me first. you do cover relocation and housing expences right.
                      Last edited by fun4now; 07-28-2007, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                        you do cover relocation and housing expences right.
                        He!! N.C. is half way between ny and fl......and from the pics. I'd say I'v got about 50 yrs of welding experience
                        Mike

Comment

hey!! hey!! hey now, no steeling my job there bud.

Comment

fun4now, Sorry James but I can't really afford any "help" right now. This guy just come in off the street and asked for a job. I figured I would see what he could do and if I needed to hire someone else in the future, I would keep his name in my file. As it turns out his name went into the "never in a million years file". I have a few friends in this industry and have already alerted them about this clown. My guess is that he was a trigger puller in his past and doesn't know anything else.

I'm thinking about calling the company in Kentucky he claims to have worked at and see what, if anything he did for them.

P.S. James, I'm not too sure I would hire you anyways. You're not very reliable, I'm still waiting for that lunch you promised me about 20 threads ago. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                              littlefuzz, welcome.
                              thanks, been on here for a while but couldn't post until yesterday.

Comment

dabar39
                                shore you ask for lunch but never told me where you where??? i was driving around gainsvill for days (bit distracted by all the girls), gave up ate the lunch and came home. what else was i to do?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.