No announcement yet.

Welding Helmets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spell it, who said i could spell it. , i cant freaking spell. i used spell checker.
    i'll dig you up a pic or 2, you want the planishing hammer too??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

Spellchecker??? Few posts ago, you had some long explanations on some stuff. I was going to comment you forgot to use it or decided to quit using it
      Pic of planishing hammer??? He*l yeah
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

here are a few pic's.
        i added a plate to the bottom to clamp to till i get my slip in holder for the welding table. it will be like a trailor hitch plug for the many tools that go with my metal work stuff like the vice and other stuff i want to add my cutting grid to it also but its kinda large for one plug so i may have one on each side of the front. that will also alow me to have the vice and english wheel atached at the same time.
        Attached Files
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

here is a flower petal and a leaf i worked on the wheel and hammer, just so you know it worked. i would have loved to buy one but have you seen the price of them things i also added a air presher adjustment and shut off valve to help keep things running as needed. all in all its a great set up.

i entered it in the miller contest but some one won with one they made with a steel cart wheel from TSC last year so i guess they figured they had it covert. needless to say i didn't make it to the vote stage. oh well at least i have one now, just use the competition as an excuse to get off my but and get it done. about $80.00 total for the hole thing. the bearings are from TSC and were the most expensive part. i looked at the steel casters the other guy used (be for i knew of his) and didn't like them. not smooth enough and not hard enough. the casters are just steel, where as the bearings are hardend and very smooth, better choice i thought but go with what works for you if ya make one.
          also a few shots of the wheel off when i chang it over to a hammer. same frame just different attachments. i used all thread for the circle at the bottom of the adjustment screw so i could adjust it with my knee. the all thread gets a good grip on my pants so i can work it as needed without using my hands. you have to be able to adjust wile working it or you are just screwed, well it might work just not as well.
          enjoy the pic's
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fun4now; 07-31-2007, 11:57 PM.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          JAMES

Comment

how's that got ya coverd for pic's.
            yea i some times forget to use it (spell checker).
            thanks for the help
            ......or..........
            hope i helped
            sigpic
            JAMES

Comment

a few more hammer pic's.
              Attached Files
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              JAMES

Comment

Was the top wheel a bearing too? Wasn't this a thread on welding helmets I clicked on
                Dewayne Sullivan
                Dixieland Welding
                Lewisburg, TN

Comment

yes they are both bearings, and yes it was a helmit thread. but the helmit stuff seems to have burned out or maybee we just got side tracked. .......... .....aaaaa, it happens, just go with it. comment's or question's on eather one welcome.
                  thanks for the help
                  ......or..........
                  hope i helped
                  sigpic
                  JAMES

Comment

Hey Fun...........thats my Blue English Wheel in the Idea Gallery. The top wheel is cast which I smoothed on my lathe and it works well. I didn't get it at TSC. I already had it. I tend to collect wheels for future projects.
                    Nick
                    Nick
                    Miller 252 Mig
                    Miller Cricket XL
                    Millermatic 150 Mig
                    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                    2-O/A outfits
                    Jet Lathe and Mill
                    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                    Propane Forge
                    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

i suspect if i get more into using it i will probly end up adding a few more wheels also, but for now its doing great.
                      thanks for the help
                      ......or..........
                      hope i helped
                      sigpic
                      JAMES

Comment

now all i need to do is find the time to play with it.
                        i picked up a wood lath about 3 months ago and still have only played with it for about 20 minuets.
                        too much garbage falling apart around her i have to fix to leave me much time to play.
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
                          yes they are both bearings, and yes it was a helmit thread. but the helmit stuff seems to have burned out or maybee we just got side tracked. .......... .....aaaaa, it happens, just go with it. comment's or question's on eather one welcome.
                          you must've forgot spell check again
                          Dewayne Sullivan
                          Dixieland Welding
                          Lewisburg, TN

Comment

.shh.......it happens.
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

Yeh I think the helmets thing is kinda done with but the horseshoe thread is still on track
                              welding...its awsome

Comment

Yeap thats right !j/k

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X