• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it a shame ain`t it

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

you need to get a digital camera, that way they cant mess up the pic and its free, no develop fee just to show off on here.
      thanks for the help
      ......or..........
      hope i helped
      sigpic
      feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
      summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
      JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
        you need to get a digital camera, that way they cant mess up the pic and its free, no develop fee just to show off on here.
        i know , if i have enough left over from buying the Lincoln 225/125 ac/ dc machine i will

Inferno Forge

Chris

Comment

Helmet

Forgot to show you my helmet
          Dave, those pipe wrenches: you sandblast them first? they look great!
          Attached Files
          I'm not late...
          I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

?, Why did you go with a speedglass? I have never used one but they seem way over priced!
            welding...its awsome

Comment

pipe wrenches

Bert, I tried a few different ways to clean them looking for the best method. I did sand blast one, chemical stripped one, and several different wire wheels on 4.5" grinder on the others. Each way had their pluses and minuses. One of those were my grandfathers and he's been dead since 1971. Dave
              Last edited by dabar39; 07-30-2007, 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
              If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
              Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

Dave,
                so which method do you think you'll stick with?

Weld13,
                I liked the speedglass, larger window, fast speed, looks, etc. Problem, is it's tapered at the bottom and I found out I can't wear my respirator underneath, won't fit. Next one will be a Miller Elite (I think), 'cause mines only has 2 sensors and the Elite has 4. When I tig, helmet turns off and on. I tried my friends miller and it doesn't do that. Tent sale is this weekend, but after fixing my wife's van, I can only get my tig setup and not the helmet
                I'm not late...

Comment

Dave,
                  so which method do you think you'll stick with?

I'll have to work with whichever method fits the particular application, probably use a combination of them all.Dave
                  If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

sigpicJohn Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
                  Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Comment

very cool...thanks
                    I'm not late...

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                      Tent sale is this weekend, but after fixing my wife's van, I can only get my tig setup and not the helmet
                      ONLY THE TIG SETUP! common man I mean its fun to get more stuff but isn't a new tig setup enuff?
                      welding...its awsome

Comment

well, it's only the contractor's package. Cant afford the water-cooled torch and the water-cooler... Maybe next tent sale
                        I'm not late...

Comment

I still your lucky to be pickin one up at all compared to me. I'm on a farm/hobby bugget so it doesn't go too far definetly not that far.
                          welding...its awsome

Comment

Well buddy, I have a LOT of bills, and just paying the minimum on them
                            Told my wife after I get a certain amount of stuff, the rest of my paycheck will go towards bills and if I want more play money, I'll have to make/weld and sell stuff. that's why I'm collecting info on everything you guys do! I REALLY would like to make the POW/MIA that fun4now did ......
                            I'm not late...

Comment

Thats part of the reason I'm doin the horseshoe stuff so I can make some money to finish projects cause could do a lot with the right materials but don't have the $. I think I might work on finishing my go cart tomorrow but am going to rework some stuff first.
                              welding...its awsome

Comment

Bert, if you have a plasma cutter the POW*MIA flag holders i make are easy just time consuming.
                                i just took a pic of my flag and then blew it up to the size i wanted, printed it and used carbon papper to transfer the design. then an engraver so it would stay wile cutting and then cut it.
                                i have the BWE (in the pic of my old cart) and like it a lot. no problems when TIGing with it or using it out in the sun. its been great. a bit expensive but i would do it again in a sec. if anything happend to this one. some one steeling it is the only problem i can see having with it and my puppy keeps the odds of that low.
                                Attached Files
                                thanks for the help
                                ......or..........
                                hope i helped
                                sigpic
                                feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
                                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                                JAMES

Comment

Working...
                                X