Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Helmets

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a good idea I was gonna use stickers but that sounds cooler. I think im gonna start maskin up my helmet but might start with my cheapo one first rather than my flip shade

Comment

I have a bunch of stickers on my 1st 2 helmets, but picked up another cheap one at the last tent sale for a backup. I want to mask and spray it one day
      (no,no contest on that one ), who knows, do a good job and may get some work for yourself out of it

Comment

fixed lens helmet

Jackson hood available at most any welding supply, This one cost me about 30 bucks. Decals were supplied by my nieces, They didn't think I looked mean enough with the plain white hood. Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

Nieces huh? If it weren't for your pics, I was thinking the slapped some care-bear stickers on your helmet!!! But those are VERY cool!!! By the looks/age of your helmet, your nieces are what...40 years old now???
          Should show the sticker on my helmet. Maybe I will when I take pics of my welds btw, do you have enough pipe wrenches??????!!!!

Comment

Yeh I saw those in the background too mabye we should ''borrow'' those sometime

Comment

pipe wrenches

Bert, Those pipe wrenches were my first powder coat project, back a few months ago when I decided to try and enhance the welding business. Here's some before and after pics of them. Some of these are quite old, but you wouldn't know it by looking at them now. Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

How much is it to buy one of those machines? If were to buy one would just be the machine no oven would just use a kitchen one

Comment

Eastwood Co. has a pretty good set up for the small parts and hobbyist type of stuff for a couple hundred bucks. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by weld_13 View Post
                    That is a good idea I was gonna use stickers but that sounds cooler. I think im gonna start maskin up my helmet but might start with my cheapo one first rather than my flip shade
                    that wat I did to my hood painted like a race car and put a butt load of stickers to make it look loike a race car pannell

Comment

sounds good! Got a pic of it?

Comment

Dave, how did you prep them? Did you sandblast first?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                          sounds good! Got a pic of it?
                          took a pic of it but rid aid swered it up

Comment

What the heck is that?

Comment

a place that scerws up my pitures , a place to get medctions and stuff like wal-greens

Comment

oooo......haha wait now I don't get to see a pic thought

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.