Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frame Fab Help

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Fab Help

I have to fab a frame for a small powder coating oven (about 20 feet long, 6 feet high, 6 feet wide) out of 2x2 square tubing. I made a rough drawing below of the side view and then below it the top view. From the side you can see that the legs are not attached to anything at the bottom. I was thinking the best way to go would be to build the whole thing upside down and then flip it. Any other ideas?
    Attached Files

Small Oven ???

Originally posted by nightfer View Post
    I have to fab a frame for a small powder coating oven (about 20 feet long, 6 feet high, 6 feet wide) out of 2x2 square tubing. I made a rough drawing below of the side view and then below it the top view. From the side you can see that the legs are not attached to anything at the bottom. I was thinking the best way to go would be to build the whole thing upside down and then flip it. Any other ideas?
    nightfer hi, & Welcome; First where are you doing this job??
    Do you have access to an overhead crane or a
    fork lift ??
    If you do I'd fab up the sections, six I presume ?
    Then assemble them, tack them in place( solid tacks )
    Brace the sections, and weld it up !!
    ............. Norm :

Comment

Build each side seperate,flat on the floor. Then stand the two sides up and put the roof members on.

Comment

Build one side flat on floor or table then build second side on top of it. This way you don't have to measure or layout for the second side. Stand them up & connect them. Remember that this can get kinda heavy when your done. I would cut the top piece total length less 1/4" so you can cap each end with 1/8 plate. The four leg tubes would run from under the top & go to the floor & the bottom tube & two horizontal tubes would fit in between the legs. Short vertical tubes would be cut to fit in between each horizontal tube as needed.
        Last edited by MMW; 01-11-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Why does the oven have to set up off of the floor? My powdercoater has an oven that's 20x8x9 and sits on the concrete floor. That way he can push racks in and out. It seems like getting stuff in an oven 20 feet deep would be almost impossible if it's off the floor.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.