Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The darkest day of my life, and a welding project

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The darkest day of my life, and a welding project

Before i start i would like to apologize to all those who have suffered losses. I always felt that there was nothing i could say to help some one who lost a loved one. I regret to say i have found out through personal experience that, that is not true.

On December 30 2008 I lost the person in my life i was closest to, my Mother. She became suddenly ill on the 28th, we called EMS and took her to the hospital. Things went bad fast and she lost her battle about 2:15 pm tuesday December 30. I was with her holding her hand when she passed. At the age of 37 i have lost friends (sept 11) and relatives (grand parents). Never some one so close to me though. My life has never taken me where i wanted it to, and many things never went the way they do for most people. I loved that i got to know my Mother as an adult and we were great friends. I got my love of mechanics and fabrication from her. She spent her life as a pattern maker, and clothing designer and was a great cook. I took to wood and metal. Her Cuisinart and Kitchen Aid are a few feet from my Dynasty. Cooking with her was one of my favorite things to do, and we enjoyed the last Christmas dinner we made together. We were born 2 days apart. She went out of her way on a daily basis to make my day a little more special. I couldn't love her more. As i was wrestling with what was happening, i felt i needed to do something to express my feelings and to tell how i felt about her. So I came up with the attached. The "Thank You Mom" is from me. What else do you say to someone who spent your whole life giving to you. I made one for each member of our immediate family to give to her as a last gift. They are made from some Titanium i had, so they would last, hopefully my lifetime.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Laiky; 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM.

Very nice tribute to your Mom & our condolenses to you & the family.

Comment

its very nice and im sorry for your loss, it must be hard to lose someone that close to you.

Comment

I know almost how you feel. Some time back there was a thread "Did anyone have a bad Christmas". My dad(94) past at 19:19 Christmas eve. I didnt want to say yeah me, I did. The loss we feel is the vacuum the person left in our life. We should never feel bad for somebody elses victory over death. In my case, dad was old and we kind of expected it any time. My kids got there just in time.

Im sorry your loss was so unexpected.

Comment

I am very sorry for your loss. Mothers are very special people luckly I still have mine but I loss my dad at an early age. That was hard enough but I still can't image how you must be feeling.

Comment

Condolences friend, I know that pain and it is still fresh 7 years later.

I'll add you and yours to my prayers,

Your friend,
            Paul

Comment

"Mom's Are Special"

My sincerest condolences. I was only 29 when I lost my Mom. My Dad's been gone for 6 years now. I'll be 55 this summer. One never feels "alone" until his parents are gone.

God bless you and your family Laiky

Dave in Phoenix
              Last edited by davedarragh; 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

My prays to you and yours.
                Very nice project.

Comment

I know that feeling you are talking about. I can remember driving home from the hospital that last time thinking "I don't have a dad anymore".

Comment

laiky,very sorry to hear about your loss ,i lost my dad about 11 years ago and i know what your going through . when i hear stories like this it brings me back to that time in my life when i can honestly say that was the worst thing i ever had to deal with it still bothers me today when i hear stories like this. if this makes you feel any better maybe your moms work here was done and you have to take it from here it sounds like you spent allot good times with your mom and be greatful for those if you have any children or nieces or nephews of your own start doing some of the same things with them and tell them about they're grandmother trust me they will love it !i don"t know if this made you feel any better but i hope it does, hang in there and again very sorry for your loss ... chris
                    Last edited by ctinberg; 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Laiky, sorry for your loss. Its so hard to give up someone you love. At least she's in a better place.

Comment

Laiky

My sympathy out to you buddy... Don't know what I will do when I lose my dad...doctor gave him 3 years to live and it's already been 5 (3 leaky heart valves)....

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.
                            I am still very lucky to have both of my parents however their health is not the best. We had a scare when my dad had a heart attack, ever since then I have the thought of losing them in the back of my mind and I dread the thought of the hollow feeling I'm sure it will leave.
                            Your remaining family and your friends will help you get by in such a tough time and those of us here will hold you in our thoughts and prayers.

The tribute is very fitting and very well done, good job.

Comment

I'm very sorry for you loss. and DON'T GIVE UP THE GOOD WORK

I'm very sorry for you loss, AND DON'T GIVE UP THE GOOD WORK
                              Originally posted by Laiky View Post
                              Before i start i would like to apologize to all those who have suffered losses. I always felt that there was nothing i could say to help some one who lost a loved one. I regret to say i have found out through personal experience that, that is not true.

On December 30 2008 I lost the person in my life i was closest to, my Mother. She became suddenly ill on the 28th, we called EMS and took her to the hospital. Things went bad fast and she lost her battle about 2:15 pm tuesday December 30. I was with her holding her hand when she passed. At the age of 37 i have lost friends (sept 11) and relatives (grand parents). Never some one so close to me though. My life has never taken me where i wanted it to, and many things never went the way they do for most people. I loved that i got to know my Mother as an adult and we were great friends. I got my love of mechanics and fabrication from her. She spent her life as a pattern maker, and clothing designer and was a great cook. I took to wood and metal. Her Cuisinart and Kitchen Aid are a few feet from my Dynasty. Cooking with her was one of my favorite things to do, and we enjoyed the last Christmas dinner we made together. We were born 2 days apart. She went out of her way on a daily basis to make my day a little more special. I couldn't love her more. As i was wrestling with what was happening, i felt i needed to do something to express my feelings and to tell how i felt about her. So I came up with the attached. The "Thank You Mom" is from me. What else do you say to someone who spent your whole life giving to you. I made one for each member of our immediate family to give to her as a last gift. They are made from some Titanium i had, so they would last, hopefully my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.