No announcement yet.

Ring Roller design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see some pics of that roller Portable welder.

Comment

Thanks Mark

I'd never heard the term "piano hinge" before

Well it's the term my shop teacher used to describe a long hinge of that type.
      I guess some version of it is used on the tops of pianos - I can only play the radio myself BTW I took metal shop in the 1950s so maybe it's called something else now

I'm building a bench to hold projects for welding with my new MM180 which welds rings around my old Lincoln.

Another newbie question. I keep reading people buying stuff from a place they refer to as HF - wazzat? (I know I'll kick myself when I hear the answer).

Thanks for posting the picture of your bench.
      DrBob

Comment

HF is Harbor Freight DrBob.

Some of there stuff is a level below China made. But for some disposable tools it will get you by.

Went there to get chip brushes...walked by the air comp stuff and though **** need a quick chuck so I bought a pack. Third time I released the tool from it, it flew apart...wild hose about took the family jewels. That's kinda HF in a nut shell.

Comment

Nut shell............I get it
          Nick
          Miller 252 Mig
          Miller Cricket XL
          Millermatic 150 Mig
          Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
          2-O/A outfits
          Jet Lathe and Mill
          Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
          DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
          Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
          20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
          Propane Forge
          60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
          Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
          and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by etonline View Post

Ed H, what are the adjustment distances on yours?

I was thinking I'd start with the first adjustment at about 5" with 3" wheels. And go about every 2.5".

Ed

Ed--Vertical adjustmant range in mine is about 5". Horizontal spacing for the un-driven rolls is 10, 15, or 20". These weren't from any calculation. Just seemed about right.

--ed_h

Comment

Originally posted by 67chevelle View Post
              Ed H, that's a pretty slick roller you've got. Similar design to what I built.

Ed, The drive wheel on mine is 4" and the bottom rollers are 1.5". TO do some tighter radius arches, I think I can get the bottom rollers down to 7-8" apart.

Mark
              Likewise, Mark. Yes, I guess great minds think alike.

I'm not sure why I went with the large bottom rollers--just made all three the same, I guess. I really like the idea of the split collars to hold alignment--simple and adjustable, too.

Comment

Working...
              X