Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Welding Truck

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Welding Truck

A few photos of my welding rig I can load or unload in about 15 min. I am Miller all the way.
    Attached Files

Looks like it works pretty well for you.
    It looks like it still leaves you with a lot of truck box space.
    How much do you notice the high center of gravity when you have the skid on?

Comment

Looks nice! I can't tell from the pics what holds everything in place. Do you pin it after you set it on? One thing I don't like is the acetylene laying down, yes I know it is tilted but it should be upright.

Comment

Good pictures.Are you not concerned that the boxes are too close to the rear of the welders and block the ventilation?

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
          One thing I don't like is the acetylene laying down, yes I know it is tilted but it should be upright.
          I think that is a shielding gas bottle, green tag with silver brown paint, also looks like a flowmeter attached.

Comment

Looks good

Ive seen your rig around town several times always commented to my help how good it looks, hope your busiser than we are.

Comment

Truck

Looks good but why so high??

If you have a fork truck to lift in and out why not keep it alittle close to the floor, i can understand if you need the room to store matereial but lift it out when your done.

Railmen

Comment

ok

well now i caught on i see you have two welders on that rig...............

why the need for two??

you could save yourself lots of space and fuel cost by maybe running like a CST280/250 off the front of your newer 250, i guess it just depends on how much power you need on the second arc?? or even like a maxstar 200 draw very little and work great.......

just my two cents.

i have a TB302 and i have run a XMT 304 off the front and run both machines on 5/32 rod all day once....

Railmen

Comment

That is a great set up. Easy on-easy off and lots of space beneath for supplies....

Good idea!

Comment

Cog

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                    Looks like it works pretty well for you.
                    It looks like it still leaves you with a lot of truck box space.
                    How much do you notice the high center of gravity when you have the skid on?
                    No problem with COG having the dual wheels even pull the forklift in the photo loaded. Previous truck had a flat bed and if I wanted to carry anything over 4 feet had to pull a trailer. Not only can I carry item 8' long I can lock the tailgate.

Comment

Bolts Down

Originally posted by MMW View Post
                      Looks nice! I can't tell from the pics what holds everything in place. Do you pin it after you set it on? One thing I don't like is the acetylene laying down, yes I know it is tilted but it should be upright.
                      2"x2"x1/4" tube running the length of the truck on each side welder frames bolt to 3/8" bolts x 4 for each welder 80K miles no problem. As for the tank I have heard that they will explode for 40 years but have not had any problems. Can tell you how many jobs I pull up on and there is a guy in the gravel cutting re-bar with tanks laying flat on the ground. With the Spectrum 375 Plasma on board very seldom use it torch.

Comment

Bobcat Usage

Originally posted by Railmen View Post
                        well now i caught on i see you have two welders on that rig...............

why the need for two??

you could save yourself lots of space and fuel cost by maybe running like a CST280/250 off the front of your newer 250, i guess it just depends on how much power you need on the second arc?? or even like a maxstar 200 draw very little and work great.......

just my two cents.

i have a TB302 and i have run a XMT 304 off the front and run both machines on 5/32 rod all day once....

Railmen
                        I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by stick man View Post
                          Ive seen your rig around town several times always commented to my help how good it looks, hope your busiser than we are.
                          Works great for me

Comment

Originally posted by JSSEC View Post
                            I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

IC just a thought, I am always looking for ways to cut costs and make things smiple.

But if it works then DO IT, as my old boss says..............

other then that looks good.

Railmen

Comment

Service Truck

Nice pics of your service truck!

Take Care,

John

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.