Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad ratio

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad ratio

I get excited about a project and weld without having done a proper test piece.

Whada get?

10 seconds of welding and 20 minutes of weld cleanup.

hee hee hee....welcome to my world
    1) Go to do a short weld, only to find out that someone turned off the gas
    2) Guy who used it last, didn't clean the tip
    3) "Oh, it's just a quick tack", ouch...should've worn gloves anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
      hee hee hee....welcome to my world
      3) "Oh, it's just a quick tack", ouch...should've worn gloves anyway
      You mean Im not the only one

Another thing, dont lean on your welding table with bare skin while welding reverse polarity ::tingles a little::

Johnny - might be your first but it wont be your last time doing that

Comment

hehe, yeah

Comment

Originally posted by KBar View Post
          You mean Im not the only one

Another thing, dont lean on your welding table with bare skin while welding reverse polarity ::tingles a little::

Johnny - might be your first but it wont be your last time doing that

Tingle doesn't sound good! No Tingles. I haven't used flux cored yet so don't know...have not changed polarity.

Comment

I like to spend 2 hours making a bunch of small parts and then welding them mirror of what was needed. Put the drilled holes and brackets opp of what was needed.

Another time I ran out of gas and was so focused on the though that the motor case I was working on was contaminated with oil that I did not check the gas right away and sooted the weld up and roasted the Tung. Was welding fine then bad so it must be oil! After the 10 wat light over my head flickered on I swapped to the other tank on the Tigrunner. Made some real ugly looking "weld". Still thinking it was oil I heated with with a heat gun and cleaned some more. Still fuggly. Looked at the gas and noted that I hooked up to a C-25 bottle. Good thing no one was looking...

Comment

Oh yeah, I very efficiently turned off the gas like I always do then went back ten minutes later, after doing weld cleanup from first passes, and filled a hole without gas- nice stuff.

I got by OK in spite of it.

Comment

Isn't tha what bondo is for????

bert

Comment

I thought that's what primer was for

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    I thought that's what primer was for
                    YEESH!!!!!!!! Don't you know....ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You smooth over all your cr@ppy welds with bondo, take a dental tool (or dremel) and "carve" out those "stack of dime beads!!!!!!!!"

sorry, still laughing!!!!

Comment

no no no you run and grab the caulking gun and set the trigger to pulse ,and let er rip

give me a call ,and ill come over and show you how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by welderman23 View Post
                        no no no you run and grab the caulking gun and set the trigger to pulse ,and let er rip

give me a call ,and ill come over and show you how to do it
                        I don't have the money you do!!!!! I just have the $20 gun.....no pulse

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                          I don't have the money you do!!!!! I just have the $20 gun.....no pulse
                          Easy to make a home made pulser for the caulk gun.

had a railing in a healthclub break. Came to reweld the failed corner and found that it was only tacked up only where the metal met. I say where as the pipes were cut flat and sort of fishmouthed a little with a grinder. then large amounts of latex caulk were gobbed on and smoothed out before everything was painted. Looked good but you could kick a railing pipe and an end would break free.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
                            Easy to make a home made pulser for the caulk gun.

had a railing in a healthclub break. Came to reweld the failed corner and found that it was only tacked up only where the metal met. I say where as the pipes were cut flat and sort of fishmouthed a little with a grinder. then large amounts of latex caulk were gobbed on and smoothed out before everything was painted. Looked good but you could kick a railing pipe and an end would break free.
                            wow! Look at the rest of the railing, find all the "welds" and you got yourself a good job to make that thing safe!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.