my stink on a welding cart.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my stink on a welding cart.

lurk mostly round here, so i figured id post up some pics of my latest project.

in September of 08 i had enough cash rounded up for a MM180. got the welder and the fun hasn't stopped. posting pictures of my on going project a off road ish stink on a mig welder cart.

its surprisingly stable very hard to tip over even with that tall c-25 bottle and the welder. the frame is made of 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" steel angle, the shelf are 12ga sheet metal. the steering knuckles i bought from a barstool racer website. wheels n tires are good ole 5 dollar harbor freight. i have yet to do is make a better handel for it bolt the welder to the cart. and bolt on 2 ratchet straps to the channel iron to keep the tank very tight to the cart. some cable hooks to hank the mig gun and ground on. and various other little nick knacks to store crap i need. oh and paint it haha

78' Miller AEAD-200LE
    08' Miller Matic 180 Autoset.

and the temporary welder cart.... lmao pos chinaman waggon. and yes the co2 tank is straped.

and a few weeks later. welded on some flat stock to the bottom shelf to sorta enclose it. bolted on a ratchet strap on to the 4" channel iron to hold the tank very firm. i also welded on a small chain as a back up to the strap. also bolted the welder to the cart. i also welded on a semi truck u bolt i found in my scrap pile to the 4" channel iron riser. its purpose is a lifting eye. the welder, sheilding gas and welding wire adds up quick. im guessing 250lbs it weighs in this picture.

one of theses days ill get to painting the cart. just keep adding crap to it so why paint it yet.

heres my way of load testing

next is get the handle done better. its kinda loose and crude. it was i need a handle and grabbed a bunch of scraps out of my scrap pile....

BTW other than the wheels and steering knuckles the whole cart is built from stuff in my scrap iron pile.

well there is my stink on a first mig welder project.
    78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

I'd give you full marks on the cart.

Simple and functional.

I will admit that I was getting really jazzed over the steering knuckles until I read they were out-sourced, but still, I very much like your project.

It should do it's job well for a long time to come.
      Later,
      Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Comment

lol from now on though ill be making them. easyer design that i thought they were.
        78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

thats great, i'm a big fan of the off road carts.
          thanks for the help
          ......or..........
          hope i helped
          sigpic
          feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
          summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
          JAMES

Comment

yea ground clearance and easy rolling wheels were a must for the build. my yard is all dirt and crappy asphalt.
            78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Nice job on the cart.

Now you need a seat and a little motor on there, then you could ride it instead of pulling it around, kinda like one of those bar stool motorized carts.
              Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
              Hobart Handler 187
              Dewalt Chop Saw
              4" Air Grinder
              Die Grinder
              Rigid Drill Press
              Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

hmm the gears are grinding.... dont give me any ideas
                78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Joey,
                  got a pic of the center underneath??
                  I'm not late...
                  I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    Joey,
                    got a pic of the center underneath??
                    no i do not. want to see how i did the steering?
                    78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

Great Job

Great job. Now you just need to build you a trailer to carry you extension cord, or generator.

Comment

haha thanks.

well my cord is a stiff 6/3 80' (freebie) extension cord. not too heavy i can rassel it ok. and well for my generator i got my dads miller AEAD-200LE to run the mig. got to order a few parts for the ole beast and im going to try and restore it some. mostley paint.
                        78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

looks good and make sure you post some pics of the 78 miller restore for us
                          Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
                          Crappy stick welder
                          Victor supper range II
                          Makita grinder
                          more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Comment

hardest part is ordering parts for onan engines haha. coat of paint and it look good for its age. dad took care of it. tarped when not in use.
                            78' Miller AEAD-200LE

Comment

sometimes you can find the right Onan part at a john deere dealership for less than your local onan supplier.

Comment

Working...
                              X