Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Table & some jeep goodies....warning picture fat!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocheapgas,
    where did you get those led lights from?

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
      I like your Jeep tube doors and rockers. Want to fab some doors and tube fenders when I'm done building my tube bender. Here's a pic of my rockers and bumper:
      Modified Warn rockers

Front Bumper

Recessed LED Lights

How about a little more info on this tubing bender you mentioned. I would like to see your plans. PM me if you would like, I don't want to high jack this post.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4059 View Post
        Nocheapgas,
        where did you get those led lights from?
        I got them here: http://www.roundeyes.com/Products-LED_Lighting.html
        I mounted them differently than they are designed. I beat the mounting panel/tab flat, drilled holes and a countersink (to allow for light dispersion) for the light and mounting holes and riveted them in place. It was a real bugger fishing them up to the ends of the bumper and holding them in place while I set the rivets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean View Post
          How about a little more info on this tubing bender you mentioned. I would like to see your plans. PM me if you would like, I don't want to high jack this post.
          My bender is a real "Off the Wall" design. I wanted a powered bender but didn't want to spend the big bucks for hydraulics, so I'm building it to be powered by my winch! I have a concept drawing in my photobucket account:

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/rivanisko4380/

Comment

Using a winch cable to operate a tube bender!

Scary.

Comment

Nice work and great photos!! Did you make the bending dies as well??
              Thanks for sharing!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
                Using a winch cable to operate a tube bender!

Scary.
                Not really, My winch is rated @ 9000#, the synthetic cable @ 16,000# the hydraulic pressure on a hydraulic unit is usually 3,000# +-. My winch design has the advantage of torque applied through mechanical advantage gained by the force being applied at a greater distance from the c/l of the bending radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrachop View Post
                  Nice work and great photos!! Did you make the bending dies as well??
                  Thanks for sharing!

Tim
                  No, I purchased bending dies for a JD2 bender.

Comment

Looks nice!!!!

Yes, I could make you some doors.....They are 1 1/4" x .120 wall & I am using the JD2 tube bender.

Comment

Nice work, it looks good.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.