Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stacked Welders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked Welders

I got this idea from a project that I saw on the forums. No mods to the 212 were necessary and it keeps everything together and neat.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johngo1; 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM.

NICE JOB Nice snug fit!!!!!!!
    Only thing I would add, is a strap for that MM140!
    Don't want an accident and seeing that thing topple over!!!!!!

Comment

Now you just need a Y for your gas hose and you'll be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        NICE JOB Nice snug fit!!!!!!!
        Only thing I would add, is a strap for that MM140!
        Don't want an accident and seeing that thing topple over!!!!!!
        I took the strap off for the picture. The only thing is that you can not open the doors but I have 11 pound rolls in there which at my hobby rate last a year. :-)

Comment

what about when/if it birdsnests?

frank

Comment

Yup the birds nest.
            I get them when taking.
            Keep the tip clean and use the jell.

Comment

WOW!!! Really drives home the point of marketing the MM211 doesn't it

Comment

Johngo1,

Guess I've gotta go against most of the previous comments.

Unless I'm missing something here, that arrangement (mig on mig) is flat out crazy. From what I'm seeing there is no lateral support for the basket/shelf (whatever) sitting on the 212. The only thing that seems to stabilize the shelf is the friction of the pads on the feet of the shelf. One little bump on one side and the whole shelf/welder come tumbling down. That cheesy little nylon strap does nothing to stabilize the shelf.

Not only that, as has been mentioned, you've severely limited your access to your wire feed system. Major hassle.

It's your equipment so you can treat it as you please, but if it was mine, it'd be time to go back to the drawing board.

Just my .02

PS As a bare minimum, I'd add support from the legs down the sides of the 212. Think of it as a saddle on a horse.
                Last edited by SundownIII; 12-29-2008, 11:17 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

One little bump and my xr control could come flopping off my cart too...

It's not strapped or attached in any way other than gravity parking it there, but somehow it stays put.

The airco is bolted down, but mostly because it's not designed to sit flat. Originally it was intended to be post mounted so it could rotate horizontally to aim the cable towards the weldor.

As for serviceability - yeah, there's a design flaw with the OP's cart if you need to change rolls on the mm212 often, but I think the guy already answered for that pretty well; he's a hobbyist.

Comment

lmao!!! That thing should say "AND ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED"
                    or something like that Cool that you have everything right there!!!
                    Do you have a picture of that cart bare??

Comment

Bert, the two pound spools even fit in the drawers.

All accessories don't fit though, I don't have room for c25 and 98/2 along with the argon for the aluminum. I didn't want to make it any bigger than it already was, so I limited it to 2 tanks.

The wire rack also isn't really necessary either, but I figured since I had the space under the second feeder, I might as well clear the space off the shelf.

This is as close to naked as I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
                        As for serviceability - yeah, there's a design flaw with the OP's cart if you need to change rolls on the mm212 often, but I think the guy already answered for that pretty well; he's a hobbyist.

I'm an occasional-hobbyist -- it's true I don't change the rolls that often.
                        The current one has been there for more than a year
                        On the other hand, I do not weld enough to get good enough that
                        I don't get birdsnests... Plus that's where The Chart is and I refer
                        to it probably much more often than you guys who do this
                        every day

Also, I like the idea of using a tool-box-riser like you did

frank

Comment

Originally posted by Fishy Jim View Post
                          Bert, the two pound spools even fit in the drawers.

All accessories don't fit though, I don't have room for c25 and 98/2 along with the argon for the aluminum. I didn't want to make it any bigger than it already was, so I limited it to 2 tanks.

The wire rack also isn't really necessary either, but I figured since I had the space under the second feeder, I might as well clear the space off the shelf.

This is as close to naked as I have.
                          Yeah, I wouldn't want it to be bigger than that!, then it starts to become too cumbersome! Nice job on the rack, thanks for the pic

oh, btw, didn't wan't to see it more naked'er

Comment

Cute little bottles of shielding gas shown in this thread!
                            Where is thier momma??
                            I mean, come on.
                            When I got my mm 210 (with the spool gun)a few years ago(at work), the first thing we did is modify the cart to have 2 bottles of gas(argon and mix) and have 2 regulators.
                            My hobby inverter welder, goes thru the biggest rental bottle of argon available to a welder about every 2 to 3 months.

Comment

The pics of mine are old. I've taken my reserve 152cf of argon off and replaced it with a 336. Once I burn through my 125 of c25, and 98/2, I'll probably be switching to c15 and also going to a 336 of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.