X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert View Post
    JTMcC

I'm extremely glad that you are a top-notch web-designer Others such as
    you I'm sure won't give free tips also, along with some weldors that took a lot of years learning the trade won't help, that's why they don't participate in this forum. However, some want to help a guy out, such as Broccoli1 with the web design and SundownIII and FusionKing with welding...

....No need to show how good you are

Look dude, I have no idea what you mean by that comment but I'll tell you this right now, I never in my life professed to be any type of web designer much less a good one and certainly not a "top-notch" one.
    You seem to be confused about who commented on what. You quote one dude and then get all smart mouthed with me over what he said???

I know it's a long weekend for most people, but try to get a grip.
    JTMcC.
    Some days you eat the bear. And some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
      Look dude, I have no idea what you mean by that comment but I'll tell you this right now, I never in my life professed to be any type of web designer much less a good one and certainly not a "top-notch" one.
      You seem to be confused about who commented on what. You quote one dude and then get all smart mouthed with me over what he said???

I know it's a long weekend for most people, but try to get a grip.
      JTMcC.
      Oops, sorry bud. You are 100% right!!! That post was by Johnny and not you..............TOTALLY MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!! I changed the name back and fixed it.
      Get a grip?? A grip??!!! I'm just p'd off, 'cause this blackout screwed up all my plans!!
      sorry I got it mixed up!!!!!! Well, this weekend is interesting....Barack Obama is vacationing 15 miles from my house, power to the whole island shut down around 7pm yesterday and the phone calls were flooding the radio....I got mine an hour ago, 'bout 18 hours gone....people were afraid of terroist...didn't think a lightning storm hitting one of the generators at the power plant might have something to do with it? yeesh.....LOTS of stupid calls..........just ride it out, change plans (my buddy just called me to go diving tomorrow) power is on, back on the computer and all is good
      Last edited by Bert; 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM.
      I'm not late...
      I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

Originally posted by JTMcC View Post
        Mr. Broccoli 1,

I can't tell via the written word if you were being facetious, or really asking. But here goes anyway.

JTMcC.
        Really asking
        Ed Conley
        http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
        MM252
        MM211
        Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
        TA185
        Miller 125c Plasma 120v
        O/A set
        SO 2020 Bender
        You can call me Bacchus

Comment

No sweat Bert, you just had me a bit confused (not hard to do) at first, but I kind of figured it out.

I didn't know you had a blackout in HI, I just chalked it up to too much "holiday cheer"

We lost power Xmas night for a few hours, but we alays lose power out here.

JTMcC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Johnny

I'm extremely glad that you are a top-notch web-designer Others such as
            you I'm sure won't give free tips also, along with some weldors that took a lot of years learning the trade won't help, that's why they don't participate in this forum. However, some want to help a guy out, such as Broccoli1 with the web design and SundownIII and FusionKing with welding...

....No need to show how good you are
            I have been giving away my computer skills for years in the form of charity work for corporations. Start at $20/hour then $12 then $10 and that only took five years. I am very generous but not with sharing computer skills.

What most pisses me off is when people forget to say Thank You and that's **** near all of the time.

My main point is a good one...you got free advice and that's nice. Consider it to be VERY VALUABLE.
            Last edited by Johnny; 12-28-2008, 09:45 AM.
            MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              I have been giving away my computer skills for years in the form of charity work for corporations. Start at $20/hour then $12 then $10 and that only took five years. I am very generous but not with sharing computer skills.

What most pisses me off is when people forget to say Thank You and that's **** near all of the time.

My main point is a good one...you got free advice and that's nice. Consider it to be VERY VALUABLE.
              I hope no professional weldors ever give you any free advice here... Wouldn't be right, now would it?

Seriously, this is a forum; you give and you take. That you posted enough to toot your own horn means you could've just as easily agreed or disagreed with something someone else already said (while not actually divulging any mystical web magic you possess) and added benefit to the guys need for advice. Instead you tried to inflate your ego and puff your chest as to how great a web designer you are. You're so great, you even admitted being cut to half your former rate. Maybe your big evil corporations are just putting you at the proper rate for services rendered? You certainly haven't proven your worth here.
              Syncrowave 250DX
              Invison 354MP
              XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
              Smith O/A rig
              And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

Spoken like a true professional.
                Syncrowave 250DX
                Invison 354MP
                XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
                Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
                Smith O/A rig
                And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Comment

you are better than me
                  MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Comment

Alright gentlemen, some people are wrong and some are right. I asked for advice and got a lot of it and most of it was good stuff. I thank you all for it.
                    Last edited by Admin; 01-05-2009, 09:27 AM. Reason: Took out the garbage
                    www.blueblaze-usa.com

Live'n Life, Love'n the Ol Lady, Burn'en-Rods 813

Comment

Trep- my brotha

"We are a smaller shop that give you one on one service with completive prices on quality and guaranteed work."

Completive???

I think if you leave out "Can" before "give you..." you should change give to gives

"We are a smaller shop that gives you one on one service with competitive prices on quality and guaranteed work"
                      Ed Conley
                      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                        Trep- my brotha

"We are a smaller shop that give you one on one service with completive prices on quality and guaranteed work."

Completive???

I think if you leave out "Can" before "give you..." you should change give to gives

"We are a smaller shop that gives you one on one service with competitive prices on quality and guaranteed work"
                        Good change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but no, just checked, he must be busy working! Oh wait, it's night over there!! CHANGE IT MAN!!!
                        I'm not late...

Comment

Thanks guys, I don't know how I missed that one. So how do you all think it's looking now? Where can I get a map that works? I like those satalite interactive maps or the best one you can think of. I'm thinking about a simple one and tried Google maps but they can't reconize my address, kind of off the beaten path.

Mike
                          www.blueblaze-usa.com

Live'n Life, Love'n the Ol Lady, Burn'en-Rods 813

Comment

If your target audience is locals, all you need are clear, concise directions from the closest well know highway/road.
                            You aren't trying to get people from Montana or Latvia to your location are you?

JTMcC

Comment

Trep,
                              I think your site looks good. Simple and easy to get around.
                              Too bad you didn't get to pay a designer to insult you and load it with useless junk.

And I agree with JT on the map. Why go through the trouble?
                              Jeff

Comment

[QUOTE=J hall;171157]Trep,
                                Too bad you didn't get to pay a designer to insult you and load it with useless junk.
                                QUOTE]

YEAH!! YOU GET TO HAVE ALL THE INSULTS HERE FOR FREE!!!!
                                I'm not late...

Comment

Working...
                                X