Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critique Our Website

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The code to embed in a page if you want a Google Map is at the bottom of the page. I tested the code and it looks OK- it's free. http://oregonian.biz/map/index.html

I would definitely have it open in a new window. You can do a lot for free and it's not too horrible to figure out.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=432+549+Bush nell+FL+33513&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=0,303.75&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=28. 678615,-82.108126&amp;spn=0.010618,0.013733&amp;z=14&amp;i wloc=addr&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJo69pZp8gyQm MgAl-KiUMPD2RGRKw"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=432+549+Bush nell+FL+33513&amp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&amp;sspn=0,303.75&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=28. 678615,-82.108126&amp;spn=0.010618,0.013733&amp;z=14&amp;i wloc=addr&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map and get Directions</a></small>
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-31-2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trep813 View Post
      Thanks guys, I don't know how I missed that one. So how do you all think it's looking now? Where can I get a map that works? I like those satalite interactive maps or the best one you can think of. I'm thinking about a simple one and tried Google maps but they can't reconize my address, kind of off the beaten path.

Mike
      Just put up an image of a map to yer place- main cross roads etc.

Comment

Dam....I'm gone for a few days and I miss all the hubbub...Nuttin like a good argument to spread peace and goodwill to men.. LOL Happy New Year everyone. Jim

Comment

Johnny, congrats on helping a buddy out!!!!!!!!

To all you guys on the mainland and Canada:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have few more hours yet

Comment

What was the original labor rate that was to low?

Comment

Remember to submit the site to Google but only when it's REALY DONE. Google will cruise the site moments after you submit it but it takes some time for them to index it so it's best if you have a finished product before telling them about it.

Here's the link to submit the website to Google:

http://www.google.com/addurl/

Comment

Thanks Johnny,

I already submitted it a long time ago and the cached shows an old version. Can I submit it again? I also sent it to Yahoo, Alexa, and some smaller engines as well. I don't really know what on earth I'm doing with all this but I figured it couldn't hurt to send it to all that I came across.

Now, can anyone explain how to get good solid backlinks that are oriented with the welding world but not direct competition to me? Remember that I'm a new small shop in a semi-rural area in central Florida and need all the work that I can get. If any one has a site that fits in this category I'm willing to hear you out. From what I understand the more backlinks sites have the higher the ratings and that's better business for all involved. Perhaps someone has an idea on some sort of coalition.

I reaaly want to thank you all for the help. When I started this site it looked like a MySpace page and now it looks professional.

I'd like to show you all another side of my talents, this was sent to me today: Dear Michael,

The votes are in, and we are proud to congratulate you for your outstanding literary achievement. The editors of The International Library of Poetry were thrilled to inform you that your poem was honored with the prestigious Editor's Choice Award because of your artistic accomplishments and unique perspective--characteristics found in the most noteworthy poetic works.

The title is My Own Prison and can be found on Poetry.com and this is the direct link....

And Johnny, I hope you and yours have a blest and happy new year. The same for all the rest on Miller.

Mike

Comment

Just re-submit to Google.

The links page is best if those links also link back to you- it's about being indexed and locatable. It's kind of a "one hand clapping" thing when the link is one-way but If it's truely handy to you and the customer then use it regardless.

Comment

What is a back link? I want to learn this stuff also!!! So far, so good
                    Is the back link the other company's that you link yours to? I didnt' know the proper name for it if that is the case! I just would hope that they backlink your website, on their site also! If they don't, I would take them off yours:
                    You scratch my back, I scratch yours!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trep813 View Post

Editor's Choice Award because of your artistic accomplishments and unique perspective--characteristics found in the most noteworthy poetic works.

The title is My Own Prison and can be found on Poetry.com and this is the direct link....
                      I enjoyed your poem. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Poem

Trep,
                        ...........wow..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                          What is a back link? I want to learn this stuff also!!! So far, so good
                          Is the back link the other company's that you link yours to? I didnt' know the proper name for it if that is the case! I just would hope that they backlink your website, on their site also! If they don't, I would take them off yours:
                          You scratch my back, I scratch yours!!!!!
                          A backlink is another company that has your site on there link page. If it's your site with a link to there site it just called a link.

Comment

Originally posted by trep813 View Post
                            a backlink is another company that has your site on there link page. If it's your site with a link to there site it just called a link.
                            thanks!!!

Comment

I don't understand why the images on this site are overlaping info as shown in the two attached screen shots.. ?
                              Jim
                              Attached Files

Comment

wow! somebody pressed the wrong key in the computer
                                better get fixed before he re-submits it to Google!!!!!!!!!!
                                bert

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.