Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


Announcement Module
No announcement yet.


Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nomenclature

    The people on this forum are great and a fantastic source of knowledge. When describing welding,people use the terms "wagon tracks and keyhole" can someone explain this to the unknowing ? Thanks Jim

  • #2
    Wagon tracks are lines of slag or inclusions at the edges (toes) of a weld.
    Keyhole is the preferred shape of the opening, the root pass will make in an open root pipe weld, only being closed when meets up with a tack or the end of the weld).


    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.