Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can some one pass me a shoe-horn! Long post with tons of pics..56k beware!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as promised here's some updated picss.. I'm almost embarrased of some of the welds because some of them came out just plain ugly, but there's a combination of TIG, MIG nad Stick welding all used on it so at least i can blame ugly on the stick LOL

fun4now.. sounds like you know exactly what 'm talking about with pain. I hope you make a full recovery at some point ( i know it can take a LONG time)

pics...

Comment

here's the last one..some reason it says i've got 5 photos when i use image tags to post 4 :WTF

this gets ground down and re-done for sure LOL

Comment

From the people I've talked to I'd stay away from surgery unless absolutely neccessary. I have arthitis and degenerating disks from L-1-4.....also that pelvis/spine seperation thing.....it's no fun, I find that if I keep moving I am much better off so I just work like a fool and only sleep 5-6 hours night and two aleve two times a day. No painkillers as I like to know when I am hurting so I don't overdamage stuff. Degenerative disk disorder is common in MOST people over 28-30 years of age. I'm sure some of it is from your wreck but basically degenerating disks happens to just about everyone. Dave
        Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
        fun4now, thanks on teh compliments. Are you doing okay from your wreck? I'm all screwed up with degenerating disks between LI & L2 and S2 and S3, they want to do a double fusion but aren't giving me good odds, so i'll stay on pain killers until it gets really bad. I mean, i could get surgery for free now (through the air force) but when they say 50/50 on being in more pain or less i'd rather stay where i'm at since i can manage it decently.

I'm going down to work on the customer project some more right now (ended up going out last night) so i'll have some pics up around midnight or so of teh finished frame (unpainted) with teh motor sitting pretty inside it

Comment

Well.....for you Glenn and Fun4Now.....you guys should both really look into stabilization excersizes for your lower back problems. I've had back issues for years and was always able to motocross and snowboard and what not....well this year did me in with my freak football incident a few months back. Anyways, I have been in physical therap for two months and I am not perfect but feeling a kazillion times better. All you really need is a set of excersize bungees, a big (24-30" inflatable excersize ball and a clip strap.The excersizes taught me how to use my(only way to describe it) "Poop" "Schwinchter" or Taint" muscles to stabilize my lower extremities. Anyways, my physical therapist is Australian and worked in a spinal center for 16 years. Dave
          Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
          here's the last one..some reason it says i've got 5 photos when i use image tags to post 4 :WTF

this gets ground down and re-done for sure LOL

Comment

turbo38t
            its no longer a disk problem with me, i trashed the nerve. i have already had 2 surgery's to fix the disk problem, now its all about controlling the pain from the damage done before the surgery's. there is no recovery, just pain management. life goes on, gotta live with the hand you get dealt.

Comment

My older brother had a double fusion in 2002. I would try my best to NOT have the surgery it took him about 3 yrs to reall recover from it. I saw the pain he was in the first year or so and there is no way i would have that done. Even now he says although he was in pain that he assumed was pretty bad before the surgery he felt better then than he does now.

Comment

seems like back surgery is a cra p shoot at best ?? no telling how it will come out in the end. i had no choice about mine, pain was too bad. some thing had to be done. had i done some thing earlyer i may have had a better out come. but i know a few that have had great results. again it has a lot to do with the type and place of the injury. mine , not so great for the long term options.
                i hope yours is ion way better shape than mine.
                good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.