Has Any One Ever Used Or Own A Thunderbolt Xl Ac/dc 300/200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Any One Ever Used Or Own A Thunderbolt Xl Ac/dc 300/200

I Was Wondering If You Guys Could Give Me Some Feed Back On How Good Of A Welder It Is And How It Works Out For You Guys. I Know For Christmas My Parents Are Going To Buy Me A Stick Welder And I Was Really Looking Towards Getting This One Where I Know I Wont Need Anything Bigger.since The Only Stick Welding I Have Done Was At School For The Last 5 Months Or So. Im Considered A Newbie. So Any Feed Back On The Welder I Would Appreciate IT. Thanks In Advance:d:d
    Last edited by sean14; 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM.

Well if its anything like my 1986 Thunderbolt 225/150 AC/DC its worth every penny. Mine just keeps going and going...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

That is the same welder I used at work for the past 5 years and it has never given me any trouble. So far I have welded everything from razor blades to 1/2" steel on heavy equipment. One recommendation I would make is to put a longer power cord on the unit so you can put it on a cart and get it closer to your work. I think the factory cord is only like 3' - 4' long. You may want to replace the ground clamp as well.
      Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
      Hobart Handler 187
      Dewalt Chop Saw
      4" Air Grinder
      Die Grinder
      Rigid Drill Press
      Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

How do you weld something that thin with a stick without blowing a hole? I havent had time to play with mine much yet. Done very little on DC.
        Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
        Miller 180 w/Autoset
        Old cutting torch on LPG

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingpig View Post
          How do you weld something that thin with a stick without blowing a hole? I havent had time to play with mine much yet. Done very little on DC.
          Patience and practice, need to use the right settings and have very steady and quick hands, 1/16 - 6013 stick.
          Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
          Hobart Handler 187
          Dewalt Chop Saw
          4" Air Grinder
          Die Grinder
          Rigid Drill Press
          Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Comment

Working...