Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

go kart

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go kart

hi all first time on this site and its looking good. Me and my boy want to build ourselves a go kart of sorts just wondering if anyone has any plans or ideas or even any pictures of ones made by yourselves. cheers

Go cart? Sounds like fun. But I have no idea, sorry.

Comment

years ago my Father and I went to sears when they used to sell gocarts and we looked at all the styles and options that each cart had and my father took his tape measure and he got some ideas and made one at home.
      I wound up taking the engine off his Tiller and run it till it burned up..ha ha
      then I came across a 8hp engine with electric start. took out the crankshaft and had a friend of my Father's turn down the crank so the clutch would fit.
      a battery tray and it was off.... never knew how fast that thing would go
      it gets scarry when you are only a few inches of the street. .oh those were the glory child hood days..
      I sugest you go and look at carts in a store and see how others are built and decide what features you like and are willing to build in yours.
      hope this helps

Comment

Here's a nice one! http://www.badlandbuggy.com/buggy_models_st2lt.html

Comment

WOW! Nice buggy!
          Last edited by 2112; 02-16-2006, 06:26 PM.

Comment

My boy(6) said "Dad,can we build one of those?!" I quickly answered with "We can build 2 of them!!!" I need a Pro-Tools bender first.

Comment

Id have to agree with Richard on this one, go to a store and take some measurements. That is a pretty sweet Buggy though, Id defiantly go with that if the budget and fabrication equipment can support it.

Comment

GO Kart

Here is a good web site to get info from....

http://www.spidercarts.com/

I would post a pic but it seems to be too big? Not sure how to reduce it but I'll have to get back to this when I find out. I have 2 of these in the process.

Comment

Here's what I used to race: 125cc, two cycle, over 125 km/h.

My old four cycle kart:

Comment

Plans for kart

This site helped me out with ideas, http://www.diygokarts.com/index.html.
                    Hope it helps you out.

Comment

Vroom Vroom!!!

I need an engine..... any ideas?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dang Signwave, those sure are grippy tires to stick to the wall like that.

Comment

Heres the one i put together last summer for ****s and giggles
                          Attached Files

Comment

some more pictures stupid 5 pic max...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah Rich, use a 1000cc crotch rocket motor.

I'm actually getting a rascal scooter that broke the output gear on the motor to use for parts and make an electric cart for the kiddo. I figure if that thing used to haul a 275lb man up hills and over rough terrain, I can make it haul a 40-70lb kid at a pretty good clip.

The motor is an odd configuration where the bearings are integrated into the mounts and the armature has an integral pinion that rides against the ring gear on the diff, so I might scrap that in favor of another motor. But the speed control and integral charger along with all the needed circuits already there should make it a pretty simple chassis build and drive train swap over short of needing to do something about the differential. The scooter even has heim joints for the steering linkages, so it's rich in components to pillage.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.