Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Any One Ever Used Or Own A Thunderbolt Xl Ac/dc 300/200

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Any One Ever Used Or Own A Thunderbolt Xl Ac/dc 300/200

I Was Wondering If You Guys Could Give Me Some Feed Back On How Good Of A Welder It Is And How It Works Out For You Guys. I Know For Christmas My Parents Are Going To Buy Me A Stick Welder And I Was Really Looking Towards Getting This One Where I Know I Wont Need Anything Bigger.since The Only Stick Welding I Have Done Was At School For The Last 5 Months Or So. Im Considered A Newbie. So Any Feed Back On The Welder I Would Appreciate IT. Thanks In Advance:d:d
    Last edited by sean14; 12-12-2008, 11:55 AM.

Well if its anything like my 1986 Thunderbolt 225/150 AC/DC its worth every penny. Mine just keeps going and going...Bob

Comment

That is the same welder I used at work for the past 5 years and it has never given me any trouble. So far I have welded everything from razor blades to 1/2" steel on heavy equipment. One recommendation I would make is to put a longer power cord on the unit so you can put it on a cart and get it closer to your work. I think the factory cord is only like 3' - 4' long. You may want to replace the ground clamp as well.

Comment

How do you weld something that thin with a stick without blowing a hole? I havent had time to play with mine much yet. Done very little on DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingpig View Post
          How do you weld something that thin with a stick without blowing a hole? I havent had time to play with mine much yet. Done very little on DC.
          Patience and practice, need to use the right settings and have very steady and quick hands, 1/16 - 6013 stick.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.