Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

stainless steel out door smoker

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless steel out door smoker

Help Im in school and need a print for a smoker or grill. Im want to make it out of stainless steel. Does any one have any blur prints on how to make one?

stainless Steel Smoker

Does any one have any prints on making a stainless steel smoker? I am in school and we have to make one but I don't have any prints can any one help me? I want one that is upright.

Comment

No prints.
      Why not take a beer keg (stainless) and cut it the way you want to,, and create your smoker.
      Where I live, the deposit is like 15 bucks.
      Or used to be.

Comment

beer keg idea

I like that beer keg idea, might try it. I also would get the satifaction of emptying the keg for a purpose this time!

Comment

I'm not sure what type of pit your wanting or how far your wanting to go. Here is a SS "smoker/grill" my bud built, actually he built 3, one for himself a two for his sons. Do not have any dimensions and since it is located in the country tis not accessable today, but will be going out there in a couple of wks. to hunt and could get some measurements if you like. I started on an old style keg, got as far as cutting in half but had other pressing projects, it would be classed as a pit, which I use for steaks and burgers. If you can find a SS 55 gal. drum, mine is a discarded Dr.Pepper drum, they make super grills.
          Or ya could fab up one similar to this tailgater I generated, 10" sch10 SS.
          Good luck
          L*S
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leons2003; 12-11-2008, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Since a smoker and a grill are 2 very different animals, and you don't really put any specifics on what you want, such as size, it's hard to make suggestions.

check this out
            http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...splay.php?f=25

there are a lot of homemade smokers there. Should give some good ideas to get started.

Comment

Dang. If I didn't know better, I would almost accuse you of being at a UH tailgate party???

Originally posted by Leons2003 View Post
              I'm not sure what type of pit your wanting or how far your wanting to go. Here is a SS "smoker/grill" my bud built, actually he built 3, one for himself a two for his sons. Do not have any dimensions and since it is located in the country tis not accessable today, but will be going out there in a couple of wks. to hunt and could get some measurements if you like. I started on an old style keg, got as far as cutting in half but had other pressing projects, it would be classed as a pit, which I use for steaks and burgers. If you can find a SS 55 gal. drum, mine is a discarded Dr.Pepper drum, they make super grills.
              Or ya could fab up one similar to this tailgater I generated, 10" sch10 SS.
              Good luck
              L*S

Comment

smoker

Thanks for all the ideas but we have to do one from start to the end i'm using 48x96 sheet of ss and it is 48x43. Im having a hard time with the insides. I have to TIG weld it

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.