Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mig and Plamsa rack for by Syncrowave 250

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig and Plamsa rack for by Syncrowave 250

I've got a small garage so I had to come up with something to make a smaller footprint. I was originally concerned about the weight on the tigrunner running gear but after several "test", not worried about it anymore. It's working great!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by charleskmoore2; 12-16-2008, 02:17 PM.

more pics of the construction

I used 1/4-20 bolts about a 1/4 longer than the originals to fasten it to the top of my 250. I poked holes in the cover to get the bolts through and I can still protect by 250, I just roll it up when I use it. The aluminum plate is easy to remove also so I can get to my lift eye if needed. The pedal hook sure comes in handy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by charleskmoore2; 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Innovative design, however I'd hate the thought of having to remove all that equipment (mig, plasma) every time I needed to use my tig. Or, are you suggesting that you use the tig with the cover in place? I would suspect that that may cause some cooling problems.

I see you have the Tigrunner with the integrated cooler originally built into the power supply. Have you upgraded to the Coolmate 3 mounted under the power supply?

A lot of good looking "BLUE" equipment there.

Comment

Charlie,
        Looks slick, Its good to see someone taking care of their stuff. As much as I like my equipment it seems to stay covered in coffee cups with old coffee and a layer of grinder dust in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmekdc-10 View Post
          Charlie,
          Looks slick, Its good to see someone taking care of their stuff. As much as I like my equipment it seems to stay covered in coffee cups with old coffee and a layer of grinder dust in them.
          oh i know EXACTLY what your talking about...

i have a bad habit of leaving the cup on my work while grinding,hammering,....they fall and i break em

Comment

update

I definately don't use the tig with the cover in place. It's permanely mounted so I just roll it up and stuff it under the mig rack. I've got the watercooled version, 250DX w/integrated cooler.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.