Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A scroll bender and a brake.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A scroll bender and a brake.

A couple of projects that I'm happy with.

Using an image that I got from one of the welding forums, I built these two scroll benders. They work great on 3mm rectangular and round bar.

Based on the work-plan in the projects section of this website, I built a small brake as a test of concept. I have most of the stock needed to make a 1m long version of this... heavier everything...

A few more pictures of my welding journey follow these images on my website:
    http://araspitfire.smugmug.com/gallery/6175827_Citif

Thanks for looking,
    Al...
    Last edited by araspitfire; 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM.

A couple more pictures of the brake...

Al...

Comment

Some nice little projects.. Inspires me to make a small brake for the tiny auto fab stuff i seem to do so much of. I usually just make a temporary one with plates, a vice, some more plate and a few pairs of vice grips, but it sometimes isn't as accurate as i'd like to be and tend to waste some material if i don't notice when the part gets out of squar during clamping

You should give yourself more credit on your website, I thought everything looked reasonably well, the photo cube was a bit inconsistant but still not bad for just messing around learning TIG.

I have to say i really liked your clock, sure it wasn't completely symetrical but it was overall very nice looking and i think i may start a clock project as well here soon. I've been working on small decorative stuff to try and sell at retail gardening stores and such around here and although they aren't teh best to me the people buying them seem to love what is given (but they aren't being critics on the welds either) I'm always looking for more ideas on garden/home decor pieces that are simple to make
      Last edited by turboglenn; 12-03-2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.