Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding Cart for Miller 165 Diversion

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Cart for Miller 165 Diversion

I sold my near new Miller 180SD Syncrowave and ordered a new Diversion 165. It hasn't come in yet but that didn't stop me from building a cart.

I was going to fabricate it totally from scratch, but Harbor Freight had this unit on sale for $49.95. I couldn't buy the parts for anywhere near that price!

To this unit I simply built a rod storage system like I had on the 180SD

Now all I need to do is get the Diverson and mount it on top and start TIGging.............

Diversion 165 Cart

Looks Good! Welding Depot has a similar cart. I modified one of them to a "double decker," for my 375 Extreme Plasma cutter and Maxstar 150S stick machine. Even put a bottle of nitrogen on it for the plasma!

Comment

Hey that's the one i bought!
      They cost $60.00 here,
      I modifide the crap out of it.
      Wana see?

Comment

Very nice! What miller is under the cover?

Comment

just wondering why you let the 180 Sync go. Didn't like it. Do you think the Diversion will do the same job?

Comment

This one.

200 DX

It Rocks!

Comment

The 180 SD was just too big and I have a MM185 for big stuff. The TIG is used for very fine work and a thumb wheel will work out better. I have no idea if the Diversion will perform as well as the 180. We'll see.

I can also run the Diversion off my generator for remote use if needed.

But generally, the 180SD was more than I needed so I sold it and bought the Diversion and put $200 in my pocket!

Comment

That is a good deal, plus I think I just received an email for another 15% off one item at HF. Will post it up tonight when I get home in case someone wants to use it.

Comment

I had that same cart.
                  I was pulling it in my driveway and one of the front wheels came apart.
                  My Lincoln inverter welder almost crashed to the ground, but instead fell over on one of the chrome lead's hangers and put an ugly golf ball sized dent in the side of the welder.
                  The lead's hangers were the only thing I salvaged before I gave the cart away at a garage sale.
                  I gave up on "cheap" Chinese CRAP.

Comment

Ouch. Forget the 15% coupon, it expired this past weekend.

I have had a couple of HF carts, one for my plasma, another that I use as a stand for my miter saw. Never had problems with them, but agree not the best quality, there is better stuff out there.

Comment

Originally posted by fendermender View Post
                      I had that same cart.
                      I was pulling it in my driveway and one of the front wheels came apart.
                      My Lincoln inverter welder almost crashed to the ground, but instead fell over on one of the chrome lead's hangers and put an ugly golf ball sized dent in the side of the welder.
                      The lead's hangers were the only thing I salvaged before I gave the cart away at a garage sale.
                      I gave up on "cheap" Chinese CRAP.
                      Good point.
                      I'll have to keep an eye on it.
                      I should weld it all to gethere now.

Comment

More HF coupons here:

http://dealspl.us/harborfreight-coupons

Do a google search for "Harbor Freight Coupons" loads of links show up.

Comment

Rubiconmike
                          GREAT job on the remodel!!! err.... you might want to hide that large pinhole on the tank bracket, then repost that pic!

Comment

It is what it is man.

First thing i welded
                            when i bought the welder.

Gota start some where eh.

Comment

Mine was the blue one from h.f.. I guess I could have replaced the wheels but it just wasn't big enough for the weld tec water cooler and the big argon bottle.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.