Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel supplier???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel supplier???

where do y`all get your metal(angle,pipe,tubing,flat bar,rod) I useally get scarp but I running low , yesterday I notcied home depot has a bunch of different stuff,and I know tactor supplies does but I was wondering where y`all get your metal?

I don't know your area, but is there a Yellow Pages with "Steel Suppliers" in it? We have a half-dozen in this valley that specialize in supplying steel.

Home Depot will cost you three to four times as much as a real supplier. I've never bought steel there, and wouldn't even if I needed it on a Sunday.

Comment

TSC is just as bad as Home depot. i have picked up a pice once or twice there just to finish up some thing but no way can you get enough to build anything there. look threw the yellow pages or stop by a weld shop near you. ask them where they get theres , they might even resell to you if its a long trip to the steel suplyer. odds are good they will add a 20-30% markup though, depends on the shop and the amount you want.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
        I don't know your area, but is there a Yellow Pages with "Steel Suppliers" in it? We have a half-dozen in this valley that specialize in supplying steel.

Home Depot will cost you three to four times as much as a real supplier. I've never bought steel there, and wouldn't even if I needed it on a Sunday.
        Ok, where would you buy steel if you needed it on a Sunday?

Comment

I'd wait or make something else work...

Okay, I suppose if the world was ending, I might reconsider.

Comment

Hey Wireburner, try Burnett Salvage in Knoxville, 866-637-3996. They're on Prosser Rd. accross from the zoo. You'll find lots of stuff there.

Also try Riverbend Services, here in Crossville, 931-484-5030, he's reasonable, but it ain't scrap prices.
            Last edited by mudsplasher; 07-13-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I heard when you got to the scarp yard you can get whatever it just takes off of your weight

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.