Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welding table build

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going to happen to them grinders the first time the power strip is plugged in and you start welding before you hook up the ground?

Comment

not a dam thing. first is if the ground is not on the table you wont have any current obviously. You need a path to carry the circuit back to the welder.
      second reason is that the grinders are insulated. Third is that the power bar has a surge protector on it. fourth is that the voltage output of a welder is low. Welder are low voltage high amperage machines. If they were high voltage low amperage machines than YES it would be a problem. But then we would not have a welder...we would have a neon transformer ballast

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
        Yep and the welders things are nothing but a pile of metal
        How come everyone's been to my garage, and no one asked me out for a beer??????

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan L View Post
          how much of the corners would you round off?
          I rounded mine to about nickel size, using an angle grinder.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.