Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My attempt at a web

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attempt at a web

There is an access opening to the crawl space under my house that the previous owner had covered with an old piece of Plexiglas wedged between the siding and the planet earth. I decided to throw together a quick door as an upgrade. Turned out not to be all that quick, there are over 40 pieces to that thing.....

At any rate, I thought it came out okay, have a look;
    Attached Files

That looks really nice..Kudos on a job well done !

Comment

Nice Job,

Looks great, now who lives down there? Daddy long legs, the black widow, brown recluse, etc.????

Comment

I second that. Looks awesome. How big was the bemnd radius for the webbing pieces? Dave
        Originally posted by turboglenn View Post
        That looks really nice..Kudos on a job well done !

Comment

Originally posted by turbo38t View Post
          I second that. Looks awesome. How big was the bemnd radius for the webbing pieces? Dave
          Thanks for the replies guys.

The bend radius is unknown. I just ran some 1/4" rod through the little HF ring roller till it looked about right. The radius does increase with each ring progressing from the center, in order to maintain about a 1 3/4" spacing.

Comment

I third that. Looks awesome!!! its surprising how much goes into a web. i found out on my first one, it was a lot more to it than i had expected.
            i think ya did a great job and wile i did not see it be for, i'm shore its a vast improvement, not to mention one you can be proud of saying you did it.
            great work

Comment

Kudos on a job well done No matter how long it took, I'm sure you feel very satisfied on the way it came out!!!!!!!!
              ....hmm...kinda looks like an invitation for more spiders!!!!

Comment

Maybe you should atach a piece of pleiglass to the back of it to keep more critters from moving in, great work.

Comment

Originally posted by metalmeltr View Post
                  Maybe you should atach a piece of pleiglass to the back of it to keep more critters from moving in, great work.
                  Thats what I was thinking, a mouse or snake might see that as a welcome mat.

In all the web looks fantastic, great job. Someday I'll try something like that. I'm fascinated with spider webs, love to watch spiders make them.

Comment

Excellent work. My wife would be delighted to see that come out of our Garage.

Comment

this was my first atemp at a web(bumper), i added a spider to mine.

a plexerglass back would be a good idea if there is no window behind it.

on my 2nd atempt ( pow14 ) i added a spider i made ( pow18) as aposed to the lil plastic one my son asked me to put on the first one.
                      they are great fun.

maybe some others will offer up there atemps at webs, this can become a web-site..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.